Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considerring buying this new set of headlights, however the description says- "You will need a facelifted European Focus or our 2002 install kit."

What does this mean? Will it fit my 03? Is this just a simple wiring fix or is it a fitment problem?

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
bigjordan said:
it would help to know what kind of headlights you are buying.
I'm being greedy. I know noby here has these so I'm not posting a link or a picture of them untill I have already bought a pair. I know once I post the link thy will sell like hot cakes. they are sooooo nice and they are SAE approved too and under $400 brand new

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
shit... yeh haha

whats the deal on these howcome no one has them?

·
Illegal Alien
4,586 Posts
well, it depends on which ones. But, other than that, they are a bit expensive, i'm sure will worht every penny though! I'm plannig on getting the ST170 kit.

·
Illegal Alien
4,586 Posts
yup
it's the new ones they have.

Pretty nice too. I would encourage you to buy them.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
In a few paycheck I'll pick them up. they remind me of scion tc headlights... i like that.

·
Registered
470 Posts
03_SPI_sedan said:
I'm considerring buying this new set of headlights, however the description says- "You will need a facelifted European Focus or our 2002 install kit."
Isn't the 2002 or "facelift" European Focus the same as the 2005-2007 US-spec Focus in the front? I can't tell if it's similar or not. Check this auction: 4653504605

Oh, and this Focus ST170 in the auction is awsome I want one.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Re: Re: Facelift???

JCE_05-ZX5 said:
Isn't the 2002 or "facelift" European Focus the same as the 2005-2007 US-spec Focus in the front? I can't tell if it's similar or not. Check this auction: 4653504605

Oh, and this Focus ST170 in the auction is awsome I want one.
The bumper looks similar, but it is different. Also, the headlights and hood are the same style as the US Spec 00-04 Focus.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Facelift???

hEaT said:
The bumper looks similar, but it is different. Also, the headlights and hood are the same style as the US Spec 00-04 Focus.
Wouldn't the rear bumper fit the US-spec Focus? I mean don't all of the MKI Foci use the same rear bumper? It would the same to me to buy the Euro bumper and ship it to my house than to buy the SVT bumper from the dealer at employee cost.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Not sure about the rear. I know when putting a euro bumper on a 00-04 Focus you need to pull out the crash foam and do some serious modding to the rebar.

·
Illegal Alien
4,586 Posts
correct. you have to cut off the ends of the rebar to fit the turn signals. The rear just slaps on, also removing the crash foam.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Awsome SuperFlea, that pretty much confirms that the Euro bumper will definately fit my 2005 ZX5. I've been asking people for almost a year with only one person giving me a similar answer. Thanks!

·
Illegal Alien
4,586 Posts
no problem! Hope the info's right, though! lol!

EDIT:Wait, isn't the 05 focus change in the body style? I'm sure about the 00-04 focus' beeing the same but i'm not so sure about the 05-07 models. I know the headlite style changes, well tha whole front end, but i don't know about the bumper. You might wanna check first.

·
GreyRice WOoT!
10,786 Posts
man those are nice headlights, are the hid or no, ill look on site i suppose [:D]

1 - 20 of 22 Posts