Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just bought the new step header on saturday and installed it yesterday. the install wasnt too bad except for the many hard to reach bolts and the fanagling the stock manicat out of the top. all of the extensions and swivels i had to use saved my life. the install was quite enjoyable with the exception of the times spent on those stubborn bolts. i did break a clip that connects a line to the black canister thing that is mounted up on the firewall. does anyone know where i can get one? my buddy busted a macguyver(sp?) with a paperclip to temporarily hold it in place. i also think i may have a very small exhaust leak where the flexpipe(not really a flex pipe, but that pipe that F2 uses in place of a flexpipe). overall, i am very, very happy with it.
the header is a 4-1 design and starts with a 1 5/8" primary and steps up to a 1 7/8" primary. i did not feel any torque loss and the bottom end. it may be placebo kicking in, but i actually think a gained a little. after about 3k, the header makes itself known it terms of sound and ESPECIALLY power (definitely not the placebo effect) . i was expecting the typical rasping and popping you get with a header, but i was pleasantly surprised that it actually sounds really good.
thanks ricardo!

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
I was waiting for them to tell me when it came out, I was supposed to get a deal on one from them, maybe they will call me to let me know when I can buy it.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that was the same case with me too, but i kept calling and asking when it would be available, and ricardo told me how close he was to finishing. finally on friday he told me he was just waiting for the bolts and i picked it up on saturday.

·
Registered
367 Posts
That's kinda how it happened with me, I was one of the guys that "rushed" him to finish the first batch. And right before he finished.............

he told me he was selling draxas headers. I really wanted one of Ricardo's originals, but I got impatient, and just got one of the last brand new PZEV draxas (Ricardo bought the last several headers from their inventory).

Glad to see that your install went better than mine, and much better than some of the others on here.

Lamar

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Just wondering who makes the header and where can i get it from. Also do you have any pics of the header? Headman makes torque step headers. They are supposed to be good for keeping low end torque where most headers lose it.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
F2focus makes the header, but i dont see it up on the site. call Ricardo. he will tell you everything you need to know about the header. i will get pics up as soon as i can

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
I have to get ahold of him because I want that header.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts