Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did not recieve the instructions or the bolts when i received this kit. It is being installed by an autobody shop. I haven't been able to get ahold of ricardo in over a week now.

Should they use self tapping screws or nut and bolt for the fender flares?

Also what material should they use to fill in the holes after its bolted up?

·
Banned
4,142 Posts
A body shop should know the material to use. I would guess a self tapping.

Yet another poor, sale by F2. When your close it's amazing when you far they seem to just mess it up. Good luck man, and look into molding the fenders so they don't have that line like everyones do.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They were quick with shipping most of the kit. The body shop says they don't want to use bondo, and they have never heard of a polyurethane fill.

I don't think i will have the the fenders molded in because i live in vt and we get some major frost heaves. I heard that the mold can crack.

·
Banned
4,142 Posts
Yeah it can crack when not done right. Though i would think fender have less chance then like bumpers.

Google flexible bumper repair kits. Then ask them about it with a brand name. It escapes me now but a shop should know that for sure. At my tech school our body shop class teacher knows what it is if that tells you anything

·
Registered
537 Posts
dude... if the body shop doesn't know how put on fender flairs, you need to go somewhere else. [BODY SHOP]!!! that's what they do man, and it sounds like your car is going to be test subject... go to a local speed shop and get a recommendation or something.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Oh man Oh man.

I have been wanting to put that kit on to my car.

Please tell me, did you just get the front fender flares and the front bumper? Or did you get more?

Can you PLEASE put up pictures.

Also, I am almost certain I am going to get those parts. What things do you have to deal with to get them to a perfect fit?

Thanks man and good luck!

P.S- what lines are you guys talking about with the flares?

P.P.S- what fog lights and turn signals are you going to use in the new bumper?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts