Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking into gettin a header for my 06 ZX4 w/2.0 Duratec....my question is how many O2 censors does these cars have, does this header have the provisions for all the O2 sensors, if not what other parts would I need so I dont throw up the SES light? I also have a magna flow cat-back I will be installing after getting the header. All help will be deeply appreciated since Im new to this. Thanks!

·
Gal. 2:20
1,999 Posts
you car stock has 3 o2 sensors. I think the f2 header has only 2 bungs unlike the OBX w/ only one. I don't know about the SES but you will get a CEL but w/ the proper tune I think you could probly just get rid of any lights you have.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What is the CEL, and would I gain any HP with a CAI, Header, and the exhaust upgrades, also how could I get a tune without spending a crap load of money?

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
a tune, unless you have a hookup, will be at minimum 300$

CEL = check engine light

and you'll probably be lookin at about 15 hp to the wheels with, CAI, exhaust and a header. (gotta factory 14% driveline loss) but you really get like 25 at the crank.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
a tune, unless you have a hookup, will be at minimum 300$

CEL = check engine light

and you'll probably be lookin at about 15 hp to the wheels with, CAI, exhaust and a header. (gotta factory 14% driveline loss) but you really get like 25 at the crank.
what kinda hook up would I need? or is there some kinda programmer I could get, also what do i do about the 3rd O2 sensor?

·
Registered
173 Posts
by hook up he means someone that will give you a good deal. it will be a programmer with a tune programed in it. you hook it up to the car and reprogram the computer. just zip-tie it to something you won't need it cause the program with disable it.

·
Registered
930 Posts
CAI Exhaust and Tune woke my Car up like you wouldnt believe.

Cossie CAI
FS Tune and Exhaust.

I havnt Dyno'd yet so I dont have numbers but the Grin factor (Petal Position is relative to how big my Grin is) is way up

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ive been reading the threads about the headers and such, from what I can tell the F2 is more suitable for the 2.0 right? Also, has anyone used the AEM CAI?

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
it works fine but most of us stick to the exclusive brands like FocusSport or go with the K&N

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
mine is the cosworth that looks exactly the same...

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
XCal2 available from Focussport or Focus-power or Steeda or etc...

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Only get the tune if you plan on getting a header, then get the tune. You really wont notice a difference with just a cai, exhaust and a tune.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts