Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys

Am currently in the process of installing the turbo system onto my car (2004 Focus ST170) and was wondering since there is no previous example to tune from here in Australia, is there a way that I might me able to get a tune from you guys in the US?

I remember reading somewhere in a thread that Tom could do a tune and send it to you to use on an SCT Flash Tuner? A Remote Tune? or something of the sought.

Am going to be running 8psi with a TD04L turbo from a 2003 WRX, 3inch exhaust turbo back with high flow cat. My manifold is the factory Focus RS one. Am also seeking advice on what is missing from my parts list for the conversion.. List so far:

# TD04L Turbo w/ internal gate, spring rated at 8psi
# XR6 Turbo Factory Intercooler
# Focus RS Manifold
# Gasket kits for the Turbo & manifold
# Boost Gauge
# Water & Oil Line Kit for TD04L
# Air Filter

Some help on either topic would be fantastic!

Thanks guys
BJ [wave]

·
Registered
720 Posts
The first main issue will be that Tom will not have access to the ST170 processor codes; at least using our software. With Diablo, I am not sure that they have them at all.

The ST170 and SVT codes can interchange (I had my 03 SVT flashed as an ST170 for a while with no issues) so it is possible for him to send you a US device with a custom SVT flash but that might present issues if there are any sort of emissions tests or anything over there as the emissions levels are different between the SVT and ST170 flashes.

·
I AM DA FOCI FANATIC
3,715 Posts
You will need a Diablo MAFia for your MAF
You will need new fuel injectors 42lb at least
You will need a J&S Safguard before Tom will even think about tuning it.
You will need a Wideband A/F gauge for TOM TO TUNE IT
http://www.jandssafeguard.com/

PM Tom (1turbofocus) and see whaqt he says.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts