Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a place online to buy eyelids for my car. I checked out www.zx3tuning.com, but if I'm not mistaken it said you have to call to order stuff from them, and I find calling to order a pain in the ass. Does anyone know of any other places?

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
I was just thinking of putting viynal on the lights to make the eyelids. Just an idea, but if you find a site I would like to know it too.

·
Registered
265 Posts
They sell these on focustrends.com and myfordfocus.com....

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Those are pretty cool, but not exactly the ones I was looking for. I liked these ones.

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I dont think they look dumb.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Those ones posted, that you can find at zx3tuning.com are made of urethane, so you paint them to match your car. I'm sure any VW enthusiast shop that does Kamei eyelids can order in the Focus lids for you though.

·
Registered
66 Posts

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I was gonna get projector headlights, but I see a ton of people with them, and never saw anyone with those eyelids, so I wanted to do something different. That and I think they look awesome.

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
those kameis at zx3tuning are the best i've seen. some have tried to imitate it with home-grown vinyl, but it comes out looking like crap. i wouldn't imagine a paint shop charging too much to do it, but i'm sure a can of spray touch-up paint could get you really darn close.

Mike

·
Registered
265 Posts
Painting

If you get the color code from your car and go to the duplicolor website you can check out their line. The only problem is paint fade. If yours is faded, take it to a reputable pro to do. It will look a world better that way.

Of course, I am still partial to my brows!

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
So does anyone know where to get the Kamei Headlight Eyelids online other than zx3tuning.com ?

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I love how they look. I need some for sure.

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
So, does anyone know where to get the Kamei Eyelids for the Focus other than Zx3tuning.com ?

zx3tuning is out of them. read below.

From zx3tuning 3/3/2004
"We are currently out of stock on them, they are an abs black plastic and need to be primed and painted."

·
Registered
523 Posts
Micro, if you go to any VW aftermarket tuner shop that sells kamei stuff (which most of them would) they'd be able to order them for you.

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
[offtopic]
EnigmaZV, hows the rubber lip on the KS headlights holding up ?
The one that's between the headlight and hood.

I've had my KS HL's for about 5 months and they are cracking and there hasn't even been alot of sun since it's winter.

That's why I'm getting the eyelids. To hide that rubber lip with the cracks.
Looks ok from a distance but up close it looks like crap.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts