Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright I need everyones advice.. everyone has heard of extreme dimensions and their body kits, hoods, spoilers, and all that. well i was on their website looking at hoods for an 05 focus and guess what I see.. MY CAR!!! they are calling it a gt concept hood but all they did was take the pictures of my car and doctor them! i called and asked if it was a real hood and they said yeah it was released like a week ago. but i dont know.. take a look for yourself! http://www.extremedimensions.com/10460.html

here are their pictures...

and here are mine

so my question is.. what do i do? lol.

·
Premium Member
7,498 Posts
tell them for using your car you want a big discount on any product they have.

·
Registered
345 Posts
OMG lol you can still see the grass through the window of the second pic from the top haha that's some funny shit. You can always email them and tell them to take them down because they didn't ask your permission?

·
has a screw loose
9,927 Posts
I think you just got HOSED , that's sorry as hell to not ask you first . Start boycotting their products until you can get all of us some of your compensation .. hehehe

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
hilarious, if it actually bother you tell them tot ake it down but i would think it was kind of cool. I imagine anyone can use any picture you post to the public online though

·
I.S.A.I.K.I.
5,413 Posts
I would take it as a compliment, but there's probably nothing that legally can be done about it. If the pics don't have a copyright mark on them, then anyone can use them.

? Were those pics from the FF gallery here? If they were, E.D. has got to be violating their vendor privileges here somehow. All of our pics are stamped once they're approved for viewing in the gallery.

I would PM our admin TOM about it and see what he says.

·
Registered
891 Posts
I dont see the big deal man....just ask them whats up? and then ask for a hood. otherwise tell them u want ur name on the bottom of the pic.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah its not that big of a deal.. i do think its kind of cool. just wonder if i could get some free stuff out of it.. lol.

·
Don't read this!
2,341 Posts
WTF? They photoshopped their product onto the car?
How hard is it to take a real picture...
I don't think they had anyone to put it on the car yet. They just got it in late last week and I think they are waiting for me to post pictures when I get the hood. I'll get it on Friday. They might have just surfed the net and looked for the focus and found your pic...call Derek, he is a good guy and will help out 888-611-2376 ext 24. Sorry they didn't let you know!

·
coffee, have some
5,971 Posts
They posted a thread awhile back stating that they had a hood concept that was in production, that's why they didn't have pictures of the real thing up yet.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Legally i dont think you can do anything w/o a copywrite of your pictures, but heck id ask them for a discount or free products in turn for the picture!

·
!FRENCH FRY!
4,236 Posts
i thought this was a joke at first glance, "that's not even your hood!" lmao, but yeah, funny stuff, it is pretty cool...

and btw, that is an awesome looking hood!

but again, as already stated, i think you have no real argument other than "you didn't ask me and it'd have been polite," unless they did indeed get the pic off ff...then it may be slightly different as they are stamped. if that's the case, maybe you can talk them into a discount or free hood?! lmao, doubt it, but never know.

·
Don't read this!
2,341 Posts
I don't think they had anyone to put it on the car yet. They just got it in late last week and I think they are waiting for me to post pictures when I get the hood. I'll get it on Friday. They might have just surfed the net and looked for the focus and found your pic...call Derek, he is a good guy and will help out 888-611-2376 ext 24. Sorry they didn't let you know!
No one ever reads my post...[bigcry]

·
Registered
328 Posts
Same thing happned to me a company on EBAY was using my picture to advertise there Headlights and I din't even have anything like there headlights on the car the blurred it out to look all black. I contacted them Stating that I need some type of compinsation either cash or products at first they replied yaa sure You have a great car blah blah they even took down my address and said they would send a pair of headlights with stickers to put on my car sorta of like a sponsorship and then I waited and nothing came and they won't respond to me anymore. But extreme is a pretty big company they shouls afford to give you a hood and take a real pic with it on.

·
Freeskiing Fanatic!
5,455 Posts
focizx4st, get that hood sooner! I really wanna see it. I like the look. I hope they make it in carbon as well.

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
by law the second he took the photos they are HIS property even if he posts them on the web they are still his... any good lawyer could explain this way better, but legally they cant use your images without your permission

·
Don't read this!
2,341 Posts
focizx4st, get that hood sooner! I really wanna see it. I like the look. I hope they make it in carbon as well.
Mine is carbon fiber. It is going to be awesome!!!!

1 - 20 of 67 Posts