Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had the LCR race plates in for about a month now, and I've run a full track weekend on them.

They've worked great, but I've noticed a bit of spring noise when I back up with the wheels fully turned, then turn the other way and drive forward (I do a 3-point turn every morning to leave for work).

Everyone local just says "what do you expect? - you've got a race setup on a daily driver" - just want to see if I should worry at all.

Intrax springs BTW, -2.5 deg camber.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Had the LCR race plates in for about a month now, and I've run a full track weekend on them.

They've worked great, but I've noticed a bit of spring noise when I back up with the wheels fully turned, then turn the other way and drive forward (I do a 3-point turn every morning to leave for work).

Everyone local just says "what do you expect? - you've got a race setup on a daily driver" - just want to see if I should worry at all.

Intrax springs BTW, -2.5 deg camber.

Is it coming from one side? If so which one?

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Left side primarily. Possibly important to note that on that side the camber has been adjusted until the spring contacted the strut tower, so it may be the spring making noise from that. I do occasionally hear noise on the right as well.
I was wondering if the changeover from the stock strut bearings to the race plate setup was just going to be more noisy in general.
If you don't think it's something to worry about, it doesn't annoy me. I may have the struts out in a couple months to go to coilovers anyway.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Left side primarily. Possibly important to note that on that side the camber has been adjusted until the spring contacted the strut tower, so it may be the spring making noise from that. I do occasionally hear noise on the right as well.
I was wondering if the changeover from the stock strut bearings to the race plate setup was just going to be more noisy in general.
If you don't think it's something to worry about, it doesn't annoy me. I may have the struts out in a couple months to go to coilovers anyway.
The reason I ask was because when the LH upper spring perch is close when the wheels aligned and straight when it rotates it gets closer and possibly hits the inner strut tower. You will not get that noise from the bearing.

Leo

1 - 5 of 5 Posts