Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone ever tried to install an extra outlet port in there focus???....either front, center council or hatch area....looking to one but not sure if it is safe to splice into existing wires(proper voltage too) or do you run a wire from the battery with a in line fuse???? all that would be used for a gps or portable dvd system

·
Jetsetter
6,656 Posts
this has been done many times, you can place the new outlet anywhere you want, and the easiest way to connect them would to splice off the stock outlet, running a wire from the battery would work, too but just too much work when you can just splice

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
I recently wired up rear outlets in my H/B. In order to have 12v available all the time, I had to run a wire (14ga) under the carpet and center consul. I spliced it into the existing lighter socket power wire. That way you don't need a fuse, since the circuit is already fused.

Those power sockets normally can handle about 8A, so most stuff you can plug in will be ok. You can ground the new socket in the back somewhere, so you only need to run one wire up to the front.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts