Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I hit a dog last night... middle of the night the lil bastard lept out and made contact with my driver side bumper/tire well.

Only damage I see is my tire well plastic liner was broken in half and was ate up from contacting the tire so I need to replace. While I am at it, I'd like to replace my bumper, gril insert, and radiator support as their all broken. Id like to get the bumper with fog lights in the bottom and the insert with the blinkers(?) In the corners.

Anyone know which year and model focus are compatible with mine?
05 Ford Focus ZX3 w/ d20.

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
Is the dog ok?
And all 05-07 cars are the same front. You can also swap to 00-04 front end but it requires alot of changes. Theres a thread in the mk1 section of what is needed for that swap.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There were no survivors.. and before theres a heated discussion over animal cruelty ill be first to say I love animals especially dogs and even more so, my dog. I hate that it happened but I can only do so much.

So ill look around for that thread.
From what you say I am guessing that the 00-04 are the only ones to offer the fog lights. I thought maybe if I went back with OEM bumper that I could just pop in the lights myself but ive not looked into any of this yet.

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
Some 05-07 had fogs too but im not sure what is required to add them.

·
Registered
609 Posts
For the 05-07 non street appearance "ST" front bumpers they are all the same. For vehicles with fog lights they have bezels in place for the fog lights to shine through and non fog vehicles just have blank "delete" bezels.

There are other threads on adding fog lights, if the car is prewired for them (i.e. have fog lights connectors dangling or tied up near where the fog lights would be) then it is an easy swap of just the fog light assemblies and a fog light head light switch otherwise have to make up a wiring harness like shown in this thread http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=453225 . If you can find a car with the fog lights on it it would definitely be the cheapest way as the fog light bezels are over $100 a piece new last I checked, the fog light assemblies are fairly reasonably priced from RockAuto and other sources.

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,108 Posts
Well a dog should be kept in the yard...

Be cool if you could find an SAP bumper to go there. I think 05-07 have a different structure so if you went 00-04 i think you would need to use 00-04 headlights as well. Don't hold me to it though. I may be misremembering.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Correct FreeFocus, dogs belong in the yard.
Id like to find a SAP bumper as it DOES look sexy but I doubt I will just FIND one.

What do you mean by bezel?
I see the lights are fairly cheap and if I have the wires I could hook them up and install them, I wouldn't need a bezel for that right?
I don't know yet if my car has the wires for it already, if not I could add some but idk yet.

·
Registered
609 Posts
By bezels I mean these http://www.ebay.com/itm/260881227169, they have come down a bit in priced since last I checked.

I got lucky when I added fog lights to my car, when I was under the car inspecting it after I bought it I noticed that there were some wires hanging down and I realized they were for fog lights, so I went out to a parts yard found a car with them and bezels, a headlight switch w/ fog light switch and installed them, didn't even have to lift the car to get access as wagons sit high enough to get under the car for some stuff.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was hoping that I could just slide in the light without needing a bezel but I guess not.
Went to the parts yard today and got side tracked by getting a battery mount box, throttle body, and a jack for my car so I didn't look very much for bumpers.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here is a Link to some images of the bumper removed and the air filter box that I noticed was completely trashed now..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts