Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has Ford done anything for us focus owners who are still struggling with replacing clutches, TCMs, reprogramming, etc.? I’ve had mine reprogrammed twice and replaced the TCM and clutch once and I am still having issues. My focus is a 2014 titanium. I bought it in 2015. Problems started 2016. For 3 years I’ve been back and forth to dealers having them replace what they could. Well now I’ve reached over 50,000 miles so my warranty is out. Unless someone knows of an extended warranty that has been issued for Ford that could be used for this type of transmission problem. Just trying to see what my next steps are.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Has Ford done anything for us focus owners who are still struggling with replacing clutches, TCMs, reprogramming, etc.? I’ve had mine reprogrammed twice and replaced the TCM and clutch once and I am still having issues. My focus is a 2014 titanium. I bought it in 2015. Problems started 2016. For 3 years I’ve been back and forth to dealers having them replace what they could. Well now I’ve reached over 50,000 miles so my warranty is out. Unless someone knows of an extended warranty that has been issued for Ford that could be used for this type of transmission problem. Just trying to see what my next steps are.
Are you sure the warranty is up? Clutch would fall under powertrain warranty, 5yr/60k

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you sure the warranty is up? Clutch would fall under powertrain warranty, 5yr/60k

Yes, I called Ford and they told me I don’t have any warranty besides the one they extended for the TCM for 10 years or 150,000miles

·
Registered
36 Posts
Yes, I called Ford and they told me I don’t have any warranty besides the one they extended for the TCM for 10 years or 150,000miles
Well, there is this other Ford extended warranty that I picked up a couple years ago for my 2012 Focus precisely due to the clutch issues. It's Ford's CSP (not ESP!). I don't know if it was invite only or not, got an offer in the mail. My car has low miles so for my plan it's only $20/mth. Covered a total clutch replacement in January, only had to pay $100 deductible.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts