Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I understand how to unlock the car- just approach and put your hand on the door handle.

But how do you lock the car? Do you have to push a button? Or does it automatically lock when you are walking away?

Also, what do you do if multiple people are approaching the car? Like a driver and 3 passengers? Do all the door handles unlock if someone puts their hand on them? How close does the person with the key have to be?

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
573 Posts
Theres an area on the outside of the door handle that you touch and it locks the doors (or use your keyfob).

You can set it to open all doors when you open the driver's door... or do what I do and touch the driver side rear door and it unlocks all 4. Best of both worlds.

You have to be quite close to the car. Close enough to touch it.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Theres an area on the outside of the door handle that you touch and it locks the doors (or use your keyfob).

You can set it to open all doors when you open the driver's door... or do what I do and touch the driver side rear door and it unlocks all 4. Best of both worlds.

You have to be quite close to the car. Close enough to touch it.
Sweet, thanks!!!

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
Yeah, I got my Focus and I did not really get any tour of the features, as it was a Friday, and they were delivering four cars that day.
Since i was the out of town buyer, and arrived late that day, i never got a good tour of the features of my Focus.
thanks for the info.
I would have to drive the 60 miles back to the dealer who had my car to get a tour.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I got my Focus and I did not really get any tour of the features, as it was a Friday, and they were delivering four cars that day.
Since i was the out of town buyer, and arrived late that day, i never got a good tour of the features of my Focus.
thanks for the info.
I would have to drive the 60 miles back to the dealer who had my car to get a tour.
I have found the people on this forum know the car much better than anyone I've met at a dealership.

For example, I measured the back of a hatch to make sure my dog's crate would fit. When I almost bought a Focus that had the Handling Package, I was only able to test drive a sedan with the Handling Package but the sales guy said it would drive very similarly. However, he didn't know the hatch would be 3" shorter from the full-size spare and my dog crate wouldn't fit. So happy I found out about that here :)

·
Registered
967 Posts
I understand how to unlock the car- just approach and put your hand on the door handle.

But how do you lock the car? Do you have to push a button? Or does it automatically lock when you are walking away?

Also, what do you do if multiple people are approaching the car? Like a driver and 3 passengers? Do all the door handles unlock if someone puts their hand on them? How close does the person with the key have to be?

Thanks!!!

Check out all of this guys video's - http://www.youtube.com/user/mercmilan06

Most of your questions will be answered.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
I have found the people on this forum know the car much better than anyone I've met at a dealership.

For example, I measured the back of a hatch to make sure my dog's crate would fit. When I almost bought a Focus that had the Handling Package, I was only able to test drive a sedan with the Handling Package but the sales guy said it would drive very similarly. However, he didn't know the hatch would be 3" shorter from the full-size spare and my dog crate wouldn't fit. So happy I found out about that here :)
Yeah, no doubt. I joined this forum right after I ordered my car and picked up so much valuable information before it was even delivered, lots of little tips and tricks, etc. from other posters. When I did take delivery a couple of weeks ago, I had to go out with the dealership's "expert" and she had a big checklist of things she was required to go over with me before I drove away. Don't know if it was the dealership's list or Ford's. By the time we got done I had shown her a lot of things she didn't know (such as the lock trick and front door only unlock, back passenger door all door unlock for example). When we got done we went back in the dealership and my salesguy came up to us and asked how it went. She looked at him and said "This time, the teacher became the student". Quite a lot of people willing to share good info on here!

·
Registered
34 Posts
has anyone left the car running with the key out of the car then drove away with out it inside the cabin?. would it shut off because the key is not inside?

·
Registered
781 Posts
There are already a few threads on this. No the car will not shut off, but it will display a message. When you shut off the car you will not be able to restart it. When you lock the doors you will not be able to unlock them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts