Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been going back and forth between the Trubendz and the Focus Sport system for my exhaust on the '08 Sedan. I want good sound, but I also want to avoid it being to loud as I frequently make trips of over 3 hours at a time. I was leaning towards the Focus Sport for this reason but I noticed it wasn't stainless steel and that its only aluminized. Any of you guys have any personal experience as to the durability and longevity of the Focus Sport system?

And just out of curiosity, what are the stock exhaust systems on the focus made out of?

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
You might want to look for a stainless system if you live close to the beach. The salt will eat away at that aluminized steel.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
my stainless went through a winter and its still nice and shiney and clean. the welds are the only spot that rust. if i had an alaumium one i could see replacing it every 2 years since we have bad winters

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
hohhon just made a sticky on exhaust, check that out. i have the borla myself, but yeah, go SS...dont want it rusting out on ya!

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
I believe the stock exhaust is made of unpolished stainless steel...... though that was for first gen Foci's... with my exhaust though, you can barely hear it when going a constant speed...... and still barely, unless you rev it high..... try looking for this: http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/shopexd.asp?zone=all&id=765 don't let the price scare you... it seems they list the MSRP on their site several hundred dollars higher than what you can get it for... [thumb]

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
i can tell you that lots of people have had issues with TB lately. u may like the FS. also, if you look on here, there is an exh. thread where you can listen to them. and search youtube for clips.

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
oh yeah..... might I add I had NOT ONE fitment issue with mine..... and it's just plain Magnaflow system. I'll add that it's actually louder than I made it sound like, but it's pleasantly loud, deep, and won't get annoying over long trips [thumb]

·
GreyRice WOoT!
10,786 Posts
mbrp is what i have 2.5 its throaty and all ss, and its prolly cheapest ss system u can get

·
Registered
783 Posts
ill just agree and say SS is the way to go. I couldnt see myself paying 400 somthing for the fs to have to replace it in a couple years

1 - 12 of 12 Posts