Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few friends found a place with some tanks of C10, and we were thinking about putting it in and just doing some dyno runs. Pretty much I am the only one that could do this test as I am the only one in my group who has an easily re-mappable ECU.

Just currious what kinds of power increases would be expected? Worth the 100$ for a tune, I mean a lil extra Umph at a autoX would be nice to help the shitty gearing the SVT has and the bog it sees lower in the power range.

Anyone with experience with a stock SVT engine and C10 for power increases?

·
FF Affiliate
31,147 Posts
There realy wouldnt a gain from 100 fuel altho it would be a good asfety factor and you may see a slight gain from it , its worth trying say maybe 3 to 4 Gal to see what happens

Tom

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
Shitty gearing????

I Love the way the Getrag is geared..... maybe you just dont have enough power to take advantage of it?

·
Banned
9,238 Posts
No no, the gearing in the Getrag is pretty much shitty. No matter how much power you have.

·
Mtn. Dew
7,223 Posts
thefrush said:
No no, the gearing in the Getrag is pretty much shitty. No matter how much power you have.
I think it comes down to personal preference. Every Getrag I've driven I've really enjoyed. They are a bit sluggish off the line, but after that they are a blast. I really liked the PW SVT I drove, I thought the 6 speed went well with the PWSC.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think with more torque, a lot more torque the gearing could be fine. as it stands 2nd is FAR too tall, and 1st is too tall. For AutoX at laest.

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
I love the way 4th-6th feels in my car...1st gear being tall is helpful; Im sure anything shorter would really light the tires up. My wheels spin, but if I had std. gearing, then Id be murdered...

I too love my getrag...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts