Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got done installing my high flow and my car was running fine. I decided to get on it hard to test it out. As I shifted into second my car bogged down like all fuel was cut off the an exclamation mark "!" popped on the dash and then went away. Confused the crap out of me. Any ideas on why this would happen?
[paranoid]

·
Registered
380 Posts
go to the ford dealership, thats the cel light, you should be under warrenty still, but take out the chip first or it'll mess up the scanner when they check for a fault code.

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
CEL=Check Engine Light.
It's tells you that there is something wrong and was detected by your car's computer.

Did you make sure to re-attach everything to th H-flo cat when you install it ?

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Everything was put bach together but the "!" came on and went right back off. Theres no dummy lights on.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It just seemed like the life was drained outta my car for that split second the "!" came on and just like it came it was gone. I just sat there at the next parking lot looking at my engine for any abnormallities.[eek] [???:)] [paranoid] [?] [?] [?]

·
Mr. Wizard
937 Posts
odds are it's an emmissions CEL, I know several people who have collapsed their high flow cats, or have fouled there O2 sensors with them.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
As long as it doesnt hurt my engine... Im cool with it being tempramental. It just freaked me out. I just hope it doesn't collapse mine.

·
Registered
73 Posts
k

·
Registered
60 Posts
did u un hook the ground cable? if u didnt when it did that the computer had to `teach` the engine that more air is exhausting when it caught up it shot the light on it prolly will run normal from now on unless u fried the sensor

·
Registered
265 Posts
Lights on.. lights off!

I have had a car do that before. it was just detectign the changes. It suprised me how long after it didi it. I thought turn it on... it learns and I drive away happy.

Since you recheked everything, just keep an eye on things. You can also have the computer checked to see if it has a code in memory. I am not sure the focus stores codes, but most cars do.

The dealer will do it.. and chare you. I think Autozone does it for free.

·
Registered
5 Posts
If i remember correctly, the yellow exclamation point is the cooling system light. Probably just your computer adjusting.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Not as of yet, I want to run hard again but I just haven't had time to get it out down some deserted roads. I'll try it on my home from work tonight. I haven't taken off as to race a whole lot but the few times I have it seems to be fine. Maybe when I installed the new cat it had the same reaction your new signature had. [hihi]

·
Registered
3 Posts
were you turning right when it happend........or were you low on gas.....its happend to me before......too...the same thing....only while i turn hard right on low gas...ford says the fuel pump is on the right side of the tank...and when i turn hard with little or no gas...all the fuel shifts to the left side and the engine gets no gas....light comes on..and engine dies for a sec....
no problem to worry about though...just dont try and race someone around a right hand turn with no gas....you WILL lose

1 - 20 of 20 Posts