Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to stay fully emissions legal in NY. WIth this i am stuck with a few different choices. SVT headers----lots of money, High Flow cat----ehhh no big difference right?, or taking the header (OBX or FS for example) on and off every time i go to get my car inspected.

Also, I was wondering if i just got the pipe that removes the cat convertor, and left the stock header in place, would i feel any difference. At least with this i wouldnt have to worry about stipping out the header bolts that go to the head, I could just unscrew it from the header and the flex and put the cat converter in to pass inspection.

What ya think?

·
( o Y o )
5,549 Posts
i know someone makes ORP (off-road pipes) that remove the cat and connect up to a stock or shorty header. I just forget who it is. Have you ever thought, and someone could correct me on this, about getting a long tube header and then have a muffler shop put in a cat/hi-flow cat on the stright pipe of the exhaust under the car? I had thought about this, maybe someone has done it...

·
( o Y o )
5,549 Posts
i know someone makes ORP (off-road pipes) that remove the cat and connect up to a stock or shorty header. I just forget who it is. Have you ever thought, and someone could correct me on this, about getting a long tube header and then have a muffler shop put in a cat/hi-flow cat on the stright pipe of the exhaust under the car? I had thought about this, maybe someone has done it...

·
( o Y o )
5,549 Posts

·
( o Y o )
5,549 Posts

·
( o Y o )
5,549 Posts

·
GO Green
11,148 Posts
uhh BigRed, wanna not hit the post button so many times....lol. If you go with a long tube header, then youll need an O2 cheater and youll pass emissions as long as they dont do a visual check, but really its kinda hard to miss. SVT header and R/T cat is the best thing you can do, yes its expensive, but not that much, mcnews has them in packages.

·
( o Y o )
5,549 Posts
sorry, it wasnt going through so i hit stop 2 different times and all these post came up......sorry :-(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts