Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey does anyone know how an exhaust on a 2.3L will sound with a draxas header and FS exhaust (non-stealth)? I want it to be loud and sound really mean but I dont want it to be obnoxiously loud so it annoys people. And if I do the exhaust like mentioned above that will replace all of the OEM exhaust parts right?

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
it's not gonna sound like a fartcannon, but it is gonna burble at idle, scream like a jet at full throttle, be loud as hell partial throttle, pop like crazy during decel, and be tolerable during cruising

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
haha ok I guess that a damn good way of explaining it but would the sound set my car apart from the ricers?

·
Registered
367 Posts
wickedgreyzx3 said:
it's not gonna sound like a fartcannon, but it is gonna burble at idle, scream like a jet at full throttle, be loud as hell partial throttle, pop like crazy during decel, and be tolerable during cruising
See, now THAT is an excellent description.
I believe, that with all these new questions about those of us considering headers or waiting for headers there should be a thread, called something like "header videos and sound clips." I know that there is that one "before and after" video, but the sound doesn't show much increase in volume, at least not like you all describe.

Just a thought...

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hhhmmmm an airplane at low altitude? Sounds good too me I guess I could stand waking up my neighborhood at 2am. but I still gotta complete with our neighbor "the dj".

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
but you could just buy a universal high flo cat just make sure you get the size right.

·
Registered
454 Posts
someone just posted a video/sound clip using a draxxas header and fs race exhaust. i'm not sure what forum, but i watched it. it's pretty damn loud. yeah, loud.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts