???????

input please :)

Thank you
-Derek

Reactions: crice8

·
PARTS HUNTER
3,001 Posts
If u are going turbo I highly suggest the FSWERKS stealth. Especially in cali. The exhaust u heard on mine is FSWERKS stealth. I don't know what company ur going with to turbo but going to one shop being local is a plus(FSWERKS) no shipping costs!

·
PARTS HUNTER
3,001 Posts
Plus I can help install[wrenchin]

·
PARTS HUNTER
3,001 Posts
[/QUOTE]We live in so-cal lol. We can pick it up in person.Sometimes I go there just to bs to see what there working

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
Must be nice to drop by when ever! lol
But yes if your that close get FSWerks.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Depends, are you going to go header in the future?
NO unfortunately I dont want the header.. kinda dont see why LOL
^jus moar LOUD?

Plus I can help install[wrenchin]
that be bombin as soon as i get the money i am SOOOOO down!!
i already got $400 Saved.
We live in so-cal lol. We can pick it up in person.Sometimes I go there just to bs to see what there working
I GO THERE ASWELL TO JUS BS ALL THE TIME LOL- theyre like a family friend WOOT

i agree with this also. i forgot you were so close to them Derek
YES INDEED ITS NICE TO KNOW THEY HAVE YOUR BACK WHENEVER SOMETHING COMES ALONG.

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
ive seen people gain over 15 hp from a header... considering a cai, tune and exhaust only is about a 20-25hp gain i feel like a header is definately more than just "moar loud". i noticed my biggest gain of all my N/A mods was my header. i felt it more than my tune!

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ive seen people gain over 15 hp from a header... considering a cai, tune and exhaust only is about a 20-25hp gain i feel like a header is definately more than just "moar loud". i noticed my biggest gain of all my N/A mods was my header. i felt it more than my tune!
foasho then maybe i will consider this..

·
Boosted HB.
1,698 Posts
when i was in germany. I ordered from FSWERKS their intake, header, exhaust, and tune. Installed the Intake and exhaust. Waited for a month for the header but once installed and the tune. It woke up my focus 100%. Yes its very loud but get a BIG 24" resonator and it'll quiet it down. I know the stealth and header is still pretty loud at WOT but daily driving its tolerable. I know my Header and race is stupid loud

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
yes i have two resonators and my muffler under my car. My custom exhaust is as follows: Fswerks header, fswerks flexpipe, 30"resonator, 18" resonator, Flowmaster 40 Muffler. Its sounds nice and deep but not overly loud. i get complements all the time

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
So is that the key to getting a really low/deep sounding exhaust - longer resonators?

Eventually when I replace my exhaust, I want to make sure I get a setup that has a nice growl (not extremely loud/high pitched).

·
Boosted HB.
1,698 Posts
Wiki - Resonators are sections of exhaust pipe that expand to a larger diameter and allow the sound waves to reflect off the walls and cancel out. Resonators are mostly used to reduce raspiness and popping. They do not produce much back pressure.

I think this will answer your question

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
That actually didn't. I know the purpose of a resonator is to reduce how loud the exhaust is, but what you posted above makes no reference (in the positive or negative) to the pitch of the sound coming out of the exhaust.

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
yes, resonators seem to deepen the sound. but you have to have the air flowing strong to get it deep and all the way through(=

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Works for me - thanks!

·
Boosted HB.
1,698 Posts
well thats what i was trying to get to.. It removes Most of all the Higher Feq, and gives it more of a deeper sound.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts