Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
because race car
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about using my tax return to get a new exhaust my for 2003 SVTF. hat kinda exaust is good or this car and isn't too expensive?

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
MBRP, Trubendz

The only thing an exhaust does on the SVT is change the sound, its not a performance upgrade.

·
MOAR BEWST!!!!
1,528 Posts
thats debatable

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Did you notice a gain? I didn't notice a thing.

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
thats debatable
Debateable????

How about dyno's showing only 2-3whp difference (of course anything less than 5whp isnt considered accurately readable on a dyno)

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Yea that's more what I thinking, I installed mine after my supercharger when you'd think I'd feel any gains more and I didn't notice a thing, it does sound nice though.

·
Registered
797 Posts
i didnt notice anything with the roush but that was also because i never had the stock svt exhaust only the header. i do know with a header and cat back my automatic with only a full exhaust on the mid to top end would outrun my buddies 01 zx3 with a 5 speed and cold air intake and steeda motor mounts and cat back with plugs and wires.

·
Registered
797 Posts
sorry

sorry i forgot to mention i just done a svt swap. i have the svt exhaust but before i done the swap i had just the cat back and didnt notice and thing other thn it was louder. then i put a header on it and it was rally loud and had alot better mid range to top end. then just recently around november i completed a full svt motor and tranny swap. it now has the stock svt header for obvious reasons and the roush cat back so i dont know what it felt like between stock svt exhaust and svt header with the roush. i just know there is a world of difference between the svt and regular zetec.

**edit** ok that was confusing. the roush made it louder but didnt give it any noticeble gains. when i put the 4-2-1 header on my zetec it gave it more mid range to top end and alot more noise. now i have an svt motor and tranny and i cant tell if it makes a difference because i never had the full stock svt exhaust.

·
Registered
808 Posts
it now has the stock svt header for obvious reasons and the roush cat back so i dont know what it felt like between stock svt exhaust and svt header with the roush.

I'd really like to hear a soundclip with start up and stuff.

·
Registered
797 Posts
its all 2.25'' and it crackles and pops really bad. i have another resonator i am going to put on it to try and help with that. plus it has a few leaks as i dont have it welded yet. its been in a garage for about three months. i have no brakes and i havent figured it out yet.

·
Registered
808 Posts
I'd just skip it then, the sound quality on a cell phone isnt going to give you very good sound quality. Unless your phone is way better than mine lol.

·
Registered
797 Posts
?

i dont know i just got it yesterday and am still figuring out how to work it. its like a handheld computer. but it has a 5 megapixel camera haha. ill see what it souns like on there and if it sounds fairly decent ill try to post it or send it to you

·
Registered
797 Posts
?

i dont know i just got it yesterday and am still figuring out how to work it. its like a handheld computer. but it has a 5 megapixel camera haha. ill see what it souns like on there and if it sounds fairly decent ill try to post it or send it to you

1 - 15 of 15 Posts