Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my exhaust manifold wrapped for some time. I just recently put a larger radiator in and now my down pipe is sitting close to the fans. I was wondering how far back people have wrapped there exhaust, or if there is any extra perks to wrapping all the way back to the muffler and keeping some of that heat away from the car.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
your downpipe? do you have an orp? if so def wrap it.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
you can wap it all the way back till the tail pipe if you choose, but a good area to wrap is header, orp/cat and flex

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
The way to tell just about where you need to stop is take a can of spray paint and make a stripe somewhere down the down pipe about a foot long, drive the car and come back and see where it stopped burning the paint, thats about how far back you want to wrap it.

·
Registered
122 Posts
The way to tell just about where you need to stop is take a can of spray paint and make a stripe somewhere down the down pipe about a foot long, drive the car and come back and see where it stopped burning the paint, thats about how far back you want to wrap it.
someones using their head :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thank yau all. I am going to start out going to the muffler and see how that works. Got to find stuff to keep me busy now that winter is here. :)

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
thank yau all. I am going to start out going to the muffler and see how that works. Got to find stuff to keep me busy now that winter is here. :)

ahaha same here.... i think im going to retro fit projector while my car is stored away...

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think to be on the safe side to, I will run puller fans and step them up in size a few inches over stock. Just to say i did.

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
That paint trick is a very old tuning trick. I know that it was used as far back as the 50's

Reactions: BlueFocusSVT04
1 - 11 of 11 Posts