Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2013 SE hatchback and I’m wanting to put a new exhaust on it. What are some suggestions that don’t break the bank? Also, does the ST exhaust fitment work on an SE?

These are probably dumb questions, but I’m not much of a car guy and I’m trying to learn some things!

Thanks in advance!

·
w/ my magic bag
29,328 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Ive been eyeballing this one-

M-5230-FSHA

I cant post links yet so just search the part number on Ford Racing site.

Since its basically a factory part upgrade, Im hoping I can avoid all the hassle of exhaust mods here in cali.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Ive been eyeballing this one-

M-5230-FSHA

I cant post links yet so just search the part number on Ford Racing site.

Since its basically a factory part upgrade, Im hoping I can avoid all the hassle of exhaust mods here in cali.
That part number is for the ST but I see you have an SE so you would need M-5230-FSH.
It should not be a problem with smog in California.

·
Registered
439 Posts
You can make the ST fit if you want that exhaust system. Now if you have a sedan you'll have to extend it out about 6" to make it fit.

·
Registered
53 Posts
If you're looking for sound and slight performance, you cant go wrong with a green drop in filter. its about 50$ on amazon, and gives the car a nice grumble when you want it, and a little bump in hp/tq.

I own a 2013 SE hatchback and I’m wanting to put a new exhaust on it. What are some suggestions that don’t break the bank? Also, does the ST exhaust fitment work on an SE?

These are probably dumb questions, but I’m not much of a car guy and I’m trying to learn some things!

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thinking of running an fswerks stealth with a turndown instead of tips to look stock.

after reading up on the Ford Racing exhausts, I came to the conclusion those are just halfed assed exhausts, to get either of them the way I would want them, Id have to have custom piping made and that just adds to the cost.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,328 Posts
Thinking of running an fswerks stealth with a turndown instead of tips to look stock.

after reading up on the Ford Racing exhausts, I came to the conclusion those are just halfed assed exhausts, to get either of them the way I would want them, Id have to have custom piping made and that just adds to the cost.
Yea...I'd pass on those as thats for ppl that are looking for a different exhaust tone/noise over performance.....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts