Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 04 se with the 2.3l and i have been searching all over for a cat back for my car and cant seem to find something to work. they are all for the zx3 or zx5 anybody know if these ones will fit or where i can find one to fit my car?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i would be nice if i can afford something like that. the exhaust i have now is falling apart and and i have seen some on the Google shopping and ebay going for like 120ish. i guess my real question is what will fit and what wont. i assume the zx3 exhaust is a little shorter because its a hatch but what about the zx5 because they make those in 4 door, or are they the same exhaust. if the zx3 has the same bend and is sorter how hard is it to lengthen it to fit he sedan and will the brackets match up.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I thought the sedan and hatchback rode on the same chassis with the same wheelbase and everything else. IE a sedan exhaust will fit a hatchback and vise versa.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Wow, this thread is a mess. The rear overhang on a sedan is nearly a foot longer than that of a hatchback, the exhaust systems are not cross-compatible. Don't buy eBay exhaust, it is a complete waste of time. If you ever just take someone's word on anything, let it be this. Please.

Here's an informative link that does a pretty decent job of outlining the options you have. My suggestion (and a strong one at that) is FSWerks. Keep in mind, it is my opinion that TruBendz exhaust (especially for a daily driver in the rust belt) is garbage. The fit is frustrating at best on most cars, and the stainless used is cheap and thin. Don't just buy something now to have it, deal with your old system until you can afford something that is worth replacing it with.
http://forums.focaljet.com/duratec-...-back-exhaust-systems-your-duratec-focus.html

Exhaust is kind of my thing, so if you have any questions, feel free to contact me on FocalJet, as I am never, ever on this forum. My username over there is "cobrawannabe", I am a moderator in the Duratec section.

Here's a post that backs up my claims of being an "exhaust guy"...
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showpost.php?p=5277322&postcount=170

·
slow
1,734 Posts
I'd say trubendz is the best budget option, but its been many years since the I purchased mine. Some adjustments may be required for fit:)

You definitely don't want to buy a system for under $200.

This is not a bad price for something that will bolt right up:

CFM link

Also, if your exhaust is falling apart, your flexpipe is probably also crap. Good luck with those bolts too:)

·
Registered
24 Posts
If you found a system for a wagon or hatchback for a good deal. You could easily shorten it or ad some tubing and band clamps to make it longer to fit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts