Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i just recently installed a shorty header on my 2003 zts and when i start it up it starts to sputter until it eventually shuts off. Is this because i have an air leak or am i supposed to get an 02 cheater as well or could it be both. i cant really check for air leaks cause im the only that lives here so i was wandering if thats all it would be.

·
DTF
3,981 Posts
stock cat? if so i would say that is probably your problem. the cat is probably clogged. but that is just a guess. you could try and pull the cat out and stick something down in it like a pry bar and knock as much stuff out of if as you can. however this might lessen the effectivness of the cat which could hurt your emissions if thats something you are worried about.

·
DTF
3,981 Posts
oh and you dont need an o2 cheater for a shorty header, only race headers or ofp's

·
Illegal Alien
4,586 Posts
if ithe cat IS your problem then, yes!, but if it's not... well you'll have a gutted cat. Did you have trouble with your car before the headers??

·
Illegal Alien
4,586 Posts
i guess not... have you checked for a vacum hose, maybe something got disconnected.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts