Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking to get a tip for my exhaust and to be honest im not to sure if these will fit my car or not... please dont bash me im new for modding... but i found this site and was wondering has anyone heard anything about them or if you can tell me if the part will fit my car or not.

http://www.jcwhitney.com/DNA-STAINL...P_2006292_N_111+200728657+600001736_10101.jcw

that is the link with the tips i was looking at. i either want the angle cut (8-1/4'') or the angle cut and rolled one.

also these arent fart cans are they? i didnt see anything about a sound difference but i saw in an enlarged pic there is some sort of insert in the cut and rolled one that i thought might do something.

if you know a site with any good tips for a decent price please let me know.

thanks for your help. im looking to get started into modding the foci and greatly appreciate everyones help on this site. [loveff]

thanks for the help in advance

-Ryan

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
Pick what ever you want. It's yours. It will make no difference in the sound. The only thing I don't like about some tips, is when you can plainly see the stock exhaust showing. If you think it covers enough, then do it.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the help Terry. I kinda want one that will make it sounds a little better than stock but nothing ricer. I thought about them not being long enough too... ill just have to look around or use the infamous search button and fine some answers some more. idk....

·
Registered
433 Posts
My recommendation is to get one that is not much bigger than the end tube of your exhaust. This helps to hide that tube. Also our cars are little so a little tip is all thats needed. Mine is a 3" that I got from Autozone. But the choice is all your own

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
choice is all yours...i would stay away from dual tips though as it doesn't look right with the exhaust exit hole that is on the ford focus

·
Freeskiing Fanatic!
5,455 Posts
^I dunno man, mtadd did it, and it looks hawt. But he has a lot more than just a tip. If you want something to make your car sound better, just chop out the resinator. it sounds hella better after you do that.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
^I dunno man, mtadd did it, and it looks hawt. But he has a lot more than just a tip. If you want something to make your car sound better, just chop out the resinator. it sounds hella better after you do that.
agreed..chopped the resonator and it sounds WAY better

·
Registered
433 Posts
Agreed ^^^

I did the resonator delete, had a muffler shop weld a 2 1/4" pipe that stops at the bumper,and then put my tip on. It sounds great (nothing to do with the tip) and looks better than seeing the rusty resonator hanging there.

·
Freeskiing Fanatic!
5,455 Posts
do a full exhaust if you have the money, but if not, nothin wrong with a tip and a resinator delete.

·
Registered
433 Posts
For me it was lack of money. I want to put a full exhaust on. Either the focus sport of the magnaflow. But I was able to do the resonator delete and tip for less than twenty bucks. This fit into my college a lot better than a two hundred dollar exhaust.

·
70 100 70 70 : (
1,978 Posts
lol, actually i have the same dilema you do, im looking for a tip, im doing a 3" exhaust and i think 4" tip is just perfect, from the ones of the link id choose the ""angle cut" "7"" but 7" is TOO MUCH, i wouldng go more than 5" tho... but yeah get what you like, its your money and car :D

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thanks to everyone for the help...
Can i get a link from some one for a shorter tip that people have used and maybe a link on a how-to for a resonator chop? i think i wanna do this and add a tip on instead of going for a whole exhaust right now.

·
1,978 Posts
look in ebay, just search for 4" exhaust tip, you will get a lot of results, look nto the magnaflow ones, those look cool and not that expensive

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
1,978 Posts
i was thinking the same, and also about the 12" long, is that ok?, would it fit if you have no lunchbox? or would need to be modded?

·
Left Lane Warrior
3,946 Posts
I know this thread is a bit old, but I figured better to ask here than start a new one. What is the pipe size on a 07 Focus SE? I'm looking for a tip too but I want one that barely fits so that it looks like its part of the system. Thanks.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Just go to a muffler shop and see if they have tips. I went to mine and they had quite a few, and it only cost me $15 for the part and welding it on! Don't waste $60 on a tip when you can get a good looking one probably right in town.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts