Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Newbie here. Bought my first Focus a few weeks ago. I've searched the web looking for an exhaust tip, but I'm not finding anything that I like. I did find a post on the forum here of a tip I like, but it appears the vendor is no longer selling them. Any recommendations on a tip that looks good, but not too outrageous? I have a ruby red 2014 titanium. Would a black or chrome/stainless look best? Also, any suggestions on a place to buy one that is not too costly? I'm not a welder, so a clamp on would be ideal for me.

Thanks!

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
I highly recommend a real exhaust tip as the clamp on tips end up being too long and look like they're, well, clamped on.

I would cut the turn-down off of the stock exhaust and get a nice tip welded on.

I know of a few exhaust shops that would weld a tip on for you for under 20$ if you ask nicely. Look to small businesses!

If you are set on a clamp on, I guess one of these:http://www.amazon.com/Borla-20154-Single-Angle-Cut-Embossed/dp/B000CIIAIE/ref=pd_sim_sbs_auto_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=0XAYSY17B7NK53P1H566

But you would probably still want to cut the turn-down off.

I went for 4 tips, myself..

·
Registered
376 Posts
Ford Racing Performance Parts--it's a rebadged Borla exhaust, if memory serves. Expensive though!

·
Registered
197 Posts
I got the clamp on tip from china for something like $20. Its a well built piece.

I am not wanting to cut off half the exhaust on a brand new car.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I got the clamp on tip from china for something like $20. Its a well built piece.

I am not wanting to cut off half the exhaust on a brand new car.
Looks good. Which one from China did you get? Do you have a link to a store? Thanks!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I highly recommend a real exhaust tip as the clamp on tips end up being too long and look like they're, well, clamped on.

I would cut the turn-down off of the stock exhaust and get a nice tip welded on.

I know of a few exhaust shops that would weld a tip on for you for under 20$ if you ask nicely. Look to small businesses!

If you are set on a clamp on, I guess one of these:http://www.amazon.com/Borla-20154-S...bs_auto_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=0XAYSY17B7NK53P1H566

But you would probably still want to cut the turn-down off.

I went for 4 tips, myself..
Thank you for the Amazon link. I quite like that tip. I don't think I'm ready for the complete system yet. ;)

·
Registered
27 Posts
.... go to your local auto parts store and buy a magnaflow tip.... go to exhaust shop, get them to weld... or do what i did... drill 2 holes in it near the base, get some metal screws and clamp it on to the current exhaust... looks good, and does exactly what i want it to do... Look good. lol

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
do all these exhaust tips require you to cut the turn-down off?

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Awesome thanks! At $20 I might just have to buy one of those.

·
Registered
58 Posts
for 20$ you can't go wrong

the focus should come stock with a chrome tip single or dual
it completes "the look"

i will say the (clamp on) took me a good 15 minutes to lineup straight
make sure you slowly tighten the bolts one 1/4 turn per bolt
if you don't it's going to be crooked

·
Registered
376 Posts
Wow! If I didn't want to do the whole exhaust, I'd go with Mavic's suggestion. Looks really nice!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts