Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
I might get that suspension kit looks good and the earliest I've heard on the cai is winter time

·
Registered
239 Posts
Sad that Ford Racing gives no diameter details on that exhaust. I'm willing to bet it's a very modest diameter increase 1/4-1/2". I'll hold out until some other options hit the market or at least a clip of how that one sounds.

I don't even know what diameter is currently on the car. Any ideas? I suppose I could just go out and measure it tomorrow. :)

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sad that Ford Racing gives no diameter details on that exhaust. I'm willing to bet it's a very modest diameter increase 1/4-1/2". I'll hold out until some other options hit the market or at least a clip of how that one sounds.

I don't even know what diameter is currently on the car. Any ideas? I suppose I could just go out and measure it tomorrow. :)
No, it's prolly nothing too serious. Likely designed for a slightly more aggessive sound over stock. Which is fine. That's pretty much all CAI's are good for too. Very little actual hp added.

But those mods with the coilovers and some more aggessive looking wheel/tire combo is all I'm really looking for. Stuff that can be bolted on/off quick but really changes the personality of the car.

I did it with my Cube too...

Here's my Cube featured on Stillen's website:

http://blog.stillen.com/2009/11/stillen-customer-cube-dyno/#more-581

·
Premium Member
285 Posts
I'm sure the exhaust is a Borla (as previously mentioned) and most likely a 2.5".

Personally I would stay away from DGR as it seems they are having a lot of quality and distribution issues. I'm sure Eibach and H&R will have something soon if they don't already.

For intakes and other performance related items, I know FSWerks has their Sema car coming back soon and parts will follow.

·
Rubber Side Down
2,415 Posts
Eibach has an entire line of suspension components in development according to the website.

·
Rubber Side Down
2,415 Posts
I see lots of spring kits, but no coilovers. I would need something adjustable for the winter months.
You're right. I guess I thought I saw a lot more on there than what's actually there. I'm sure as soon as they get the springs developed you'll start seeing coilovers soon after.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts