Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there! I was wondering if anyone in the community had suggestions for a exhaust for a 2018 Titanium Sedan with the DCT transmission. I'm looking for something not too raspy and with minimal drone. Ideally I would like some kind of touring exhaust that's a little louder then stock when cruising but when you open up the car it makes itself heard. Thanks! Also, I'm planning on pairing it with the K&N cold air intake. If that helps any!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I would say from my experience that I would go Borla. I had a 2017 ST that I replaced with a Borla cat back and it was much better without being too loud. There was a drone around 2200 rpms but it was mild. The resonators were removed an I assume that is what caused the drone. IMHO the NA 2.0 sounds much better than the ST with an exhaust on it as there is a growl that isnt there with the stock turbo. Borla is a little pricey, but it just sounds good.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,398 Posts
Hi there! I was wondering if anyone in the community had suggestions for a exhaust for a 2018 Titanium Sedan with the DCT transmission. I'm looking for something not too raspy and with minimal drone. Ideally I would like some kind of touring exhaust that's a little louder then stock when cruising but when you open up the car it makes itself heard. Thanks! Also, I'm planning on pairing it with the K&N cold air intake. If that helps any!
Really, whats the point? it still have the dct....thou.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Not to sound like a smartass but because why anyone would put an exhaust on their car..? To make it sound better to themselves and others.
Yeah I agree. I love the sound of engines. The Fiat 500 abarth is like music to me. I love a Subaru Warble. The Ford/Mazda 2.0 duratech actually sounds good for a four cylinder.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I got an FSWerks Race exhaust for my 18 sedan when they were on sale for black friday. Feels and sounds great.

·
Registered
129 Posts
If you want sporty but not annoying I would go with Borla or Magnaflow. I have the Magnaflow catback on my 13 DCT sedan. Great sporty sound. Never annoying. Very high quality stuff, but it is quite a bit higher price than the FS Werks stuff. I thought it was worth it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have to say that I had my muffler deleted and the lunchbox resonator replaced with a thrush 28'' glasspack. This really sounds nice. There is a little drone, more at 35-40 when you mildly accelerate and the DCT transmission refuses to downshift. Its sounds low pitched and raw, which is what I was going for. The glasspack was ~$24 on amazon and Dualie tip was about the same. I paid too much for installation, but it was cheaper than buying a cheap MIG welder and learning to do it myself.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have to say that I had my muffler deleted and the lunchbox resonator replaced with a thrush 28'' glasspack. This really sounds nice. There is a little drone, more at 35-40 when you mildly accelerate and the DCT transmission refuses to downshift. Its sounds low pitched and raw, which is what I was going for. The glasspack was ~$24 on amazon and Dualie tip was about the same. I paid too much for installation, but it was cheaper than buying a cheap MIG welder and learning to do it myself.
Do you have any videos of what it sounds like?

·
Registered
11 Posts

This is not how loud mine is, I suspect he just replaced the muffler. The tone is similar, this is more muted. I think what you would gain from a CatBack is a little more refinement, to me its not worth the $600.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts