Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to be doing custom exhaust work and can't seem to locate the pipe Dia......I think it's 1 1/4 Thanks for any feedback[wrenchin]

·
Banned
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Posted via FF Mobile
I can't find shit on the size of the stock exhaust ???? Anyone

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
A 2.25 inch tubing in a cat-back system is all that is needed for a naturally aspirated Focus. If you are planning on Turbocharging your Focus, a 2.5 inch tube cat-back system is your best size.
There is also some information here.

P.S. I sometimes ask myself how hard could it be to use google if not the search option on this forum ? An always I come out with the same result: hard enough !

·
Sonic Mk3 Crew #03
1,842 Posts
2.5" for naturally aspirated and 3" for turbo. The factory exhaust is only 2"

·
Registered
144 Posts
Ok, so I'm looking at installing a custom 2.5" cat back with a dual exit Flowmaster 80 series on my N/A '12 SE. My question is (if anybody knows or can guess) why Magnaflow, Borla and Flowmaster catback kits are all 2.25", the FSWERKS kit is a 2.5" and is cheaper and of course sounds the best imo cause its 2.5", so WHY are the smaller diameter kits more expensive? Is there actually a performace advantage to having less exhaust diameter

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
I doubt it. bigger is better! go for the 2.5.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I got quoted at the muffler shop for like $300 for a straight-through 2.5 with no resonator but he wanted to put a Magnaflow glass pack which I really don't want. It gave me a good idea what it'll run me. I just dropped $1500 on some wide wheels and tires so I gotta save up for my exhaust project and might just do it myself since FSWerks kits a reasonable price. That and fight myself off from getting KSports coilover kit.
Dude, jburks your focus is sick...your forum of your mods is taking forever to read tho lol

Reactions: Jkeeton

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
I got quoted at the muffler shop for like $300 for a straight-through 2.5 with no resonator but he wanted to put a Magnaflow glass pack which I really don't want. It gave me a good idea what it'll run me. I just dropped $1500 on some wide wheels and tires so I gotta save up for my exhaust project and might just do it myself since FSWerks kits a reasonable price. That and fight myself off from getting KSports coilover kit.
Dude, jburks your focus is sick...your forum of your mods is taking forever to read tho lol
Haha, thanks dude. I havent done a whole lot to it yet but hopefully eventually i will. I defintely would like to do a 2.5 inch exhaust myself. I'll probably go the custom route, i have a good local shop i usually take my cars to. I wish i had $1500 to drop on wheels and tires lol. I'm thinking springs and struts are next on my list. then header and exhaust. It's my daily so i dont want to spend to much money on it.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Well it was my tax refund. I had the "safety"/pacer rims with plastic rim covers so they needed replacing cause it looked awful. Anyways, off topic.. Once I decide and order my exhaust setup ill post some pics and probably a video. Just wish I knew why more companies are offering a 2.25" setup. I'd email them but id only get biased advice

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
Yeah I don't really know why either. I mean i guess it's still bigger then stock but it does seem dumb they wouldnt just offer a 2.5in.

Off topic, but start a build thread when you can. Would love to see pics of your car, especially with the wheels and rokblokz. how do you like the AEM CAI? i just did the drop in and snorkel delete. You should look into a Tune when you get a chance too. worth the money!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Yeah, no doubt ill go with the 2.5... Still strange though and begs the question why.

·
Torretto!
3,878 Posts
2.5" is good for an engine 2.0 litres and up...even then it's not a true 2.5" when compression bent...mandrel bent is closest...I wouldn't run a daily driver without a cat (but run a highflow cat same diameter as pipe)....running without a cat sounds raunchy and you can actually lose some torque.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts