Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
-Turbo is going on fairly soon and im trying to figure out if 2.5 inch piping from the DP back is good eneough for the 250-280 hp range. If so, at what point is 3inch needed? 300+?

-I was thinking of just getting a 3inch custom setup but I dont like the idea of buying something that i have no idea what its going to sound like.

-Anone have any exhaust clips of custom 3inch setups N/A or Boosted?

Thanks guys
Coleman

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
shoot a PM to goatroper. he has a 3 in exhaust and over 300 hp. i'm pretty sure 3 in is preferred when you go FI. but contact goatroper, he'll be able to fill you in, maybe get you a sound clip, too.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks shadowrunner, ill do that.

Anyone else wonna chime in?

·
Registered
237 Posts
I had a 2.5" downpipe with 3" Magnaflow catback and it sounded really good. I dont have a sound clip laying around, but i assure you it was deep and burly. I had 2.5" exhaust for a while and i noticed a pretty good difference when i went to the 3" back. Seemed a lot snappier and the turbo spooled quicker too. With my new setup Im going to run a 3" downpipe and then throw some scraps together from some diesel kits we do at my shop and go 4" back. Is it necessary, no. Why would i do that?? Cause i can. [:D]

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
Shadowrunner said:
shoot a PM to goatroper. he has a 3 in exhaust and over 300 hp. i'm pretty sure 3 in is preferred when you go FI. but contact goatroper, he'll be able to fill you in, maybe get you a sound clip, too.
I'm pretty sure Goat isnt making 300hp...... unless he's done something major lately.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts