Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
an exhaust shop could probably make it work. They should have a machine that can widen steel piping so if its not a direct fit, they should be able to make it work anyways. But you have to remember that you need at least its length in straight exhaust piping. The only place available like that on a focus is in the mid-section exhaust channel.

Why do you want to put that on though? Your money is definitely better spent on an entire system.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
all right thanks bowersdaazian

Well, the stock muffler is about the same size as this muffler so I am thinking about replacing the stock with this in its place. I am doing this for the sound. I am a college student so paying $400-$500 on a complete system for a gain of 5 hp is not reasonable for me. This can be put on for under $100.

Do all MagnaFlow mufflers sound the same? They use a 6in by 14in muffler on their cat backs. MagnaFlow says the bigger the muffler the quieter it is. At first I was looking at 4inch round but now I'm thinking either 5 or 6 inch so the exhaust is not obnoxious. Any thoughts?

·
Token Engin-nerd
3,414 Posts
a good welder should be able to take up that 1/16" all around

personally i would go as quiet as possible.

·
Freeskiing Fanatic!
5,455 Posts
Dude, if you want better sound, just have a shop take off your resonator. It will sound amazingly better just from doing that.

besides, who wants a fart can on their car?

·
GoKart and Me!!!
13,487 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
just have a shop weld together s sytem for you. under $300 for stainless piping, resonator, magnaflow, and a tip all installed. dont just get a muffler

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My ST already does not have a resonator stock. I want the exhaust to have a little bit more presence.

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
magnaflow means the larger piping you have the quieter it will be...usually you will get crazy bumblebee if you put a muffler on tiny piping, thats generally the honda problem

if you want a cheap exhaust, just take it to a muffler shop and have them run a larger system with a borla or magnaflow muffler, shouldn't be much more than $200 honestly

·
Registered
783 Posts
go to ebay and see if there is still some of the roush exhausts there, you will have to have ~6in extension welded in but its worth it. The guy to look for is only asking $125 and if u offer 100 u will get it. Also if you cant find that u can certainly get the same magnaflow muffler that ur looking at from summit alot cheaper.

with that said, like stated above a good welder can easialy make it work.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts