Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[?] ok, heres the deal, i am getting a vortech supercharger. i want a full exhaust system. i know i can get an SVT exhaust setup.. But i want focus sport headers and stealth exhaust. i know that the focus sport exhaust is aluminized steel. and i also found a drop in cat which i would weld onto the exhaust, if it is possible. i would bring this to a muffler shop to have (the weld that is) so i dont mess it up. so what does anyone think? good idea? bad idea?
any input would be great.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Get a race header or a street header welding a cat onto a race header just dude it doesn't work like that i guess it's possible but it's not the way u do it. IF u get a race header u eliminate the cat if u get a street header u don't u just get a highflow cat

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
my plan was to weld the cat onto the exhaust, its kind of imossible to weld one on a race header i was going to put it after the flex pipe, weld it to part of the catback before the muffler. thats my idea, and i obviously cant get short tube header cause of the vortech drive shaft.

·
It's been fun.......
3,042 Posts
Do you need the cat? Do you have emissions testing? If not just skip it.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i live in connecticut, not sure if they still have it, they stopped it for a year, but the state cops where i live are dicks and like to pull over "profile cars" and mine falls in that catagory, even when i get my Vet plates i doubt they will help. i

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
it wont pass a visual so i wouldnt bother. if your that worried about it get a shorty header and a rt high flow cat.

focus sport is some good stuff just get the catback ceramic coated

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
Euro is correct it won't matter, once you move the cat its a crime regardless of where its moved to.

If your getting FS stuff, get a race header, flex and catback and be done.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
well i saw FS has a shorty now to.....

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well i dont think i can use the shorty header w/ the vortech kit. i could try.. i might be the first. haha. thanx for your input..

·
AKA Toyotech
4,043 Posts
plus...the cats not gonna do much in that location for function. just use the stock header, random tech, 2.5" flex and 2.5" cat-back...get some power back

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah, i was talking to one of my friends about this, he owns a civic (i gave him a link to look at the Focus sport exhaust, and he wants one haha) he figures keep the stock headers and get a new focus central catalytic converter and FS flex pipe and stealth exhaust..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts