Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The box at the end of the exhaust right before it ends. does it restrict my air flow or sound? i put a borla s type muffler on my focus and it didnt make much sound difference, the hp gain was phenomonal but do you think if i remove this restrictor/resonator at the end of the exhaust will make a difference in my sound? any advice would be good advice i also recommend this muffler because it truely does make a difference thanks.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
scootpmps, if you like the sound of just adding a muffler where the "lunchbox" used to be. you gotta save up and get a catback. MBRP or Trubendz Borla, i have the borla and love the way it sounds, never heard the MBRP but ive heard its QUALITY work

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i already have a borla muffler on there i dont want a catbakc i just was wondering if it sounded better wiht it off.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
well the "lunchbox" is there as a resonator...to make the car even quieter. You said that you already have a borla exhaust, so the answer to your question is yes, if you remove the "lunchbox," your sound would be louder.

Just to let you know though, when I did the lunchbox delete on my ford focus, i cut open the lunchbox and it didn't seem to restrictive to me...

·
Registered
689 Posts
I deleted my lunchbox on the cheap before I got the Trubendz Borla Cat-back. It is just for sound really. I liked it even with the stock muffler. I bet it would sound pretty good with a Borla muffler.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts