Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Black Mesa Racing
2,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so i have a focus central race header 2.25 flex and 2.25 mbrp. all in all good set up. but kinda loud now cause i think the mbrp is worn out. how many miles will ware out a cat-back? mine has about 70,000miles on it. (it was on another car before mine as well.)

so i've been thinking of going with something a little quieter like the focus sport stealth cause i know it still won't be dead silent because of my race header. how this thing work? cause when you order it you can buy just the focus sport exhaust, and then the stealth part is anther $100+? can i buy just the focus sport now, and if its too loud can i buy the stealth part later and add it on?

or is there anything i can do to my exhaust to save me money and make it quieter?

any and all help is appreciated.

forgot to put losing power is not an option!

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Add a resonator to your mbrp setup. Have a shop weld it in for around 100 bucks total. You really shouldn't be able to "wear out" a catback system(ever!). Or get the FS system with resonator in it (stealth option). You can't add stealth later.

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
an exhaust is stainless steel (hopefully) you cant wear out piping. just get a new quiet resinator.

·
FocusXtreme
3,369 Posts
the mbrp is loud with race headers just get another resonator welded on about 1 foot after the flex and it will be golden nice deep and not as loud

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
i thought that MBRP comes with a resonator?

hey lincoln, the stealth option is only a 6" resonator, simple as that.

·
FocusXtreme
3,369 Posts
it does have one but it could use another one, the stealth is an extra quiet one put another on you mbrp and you will be fine

·
Black Mesa Racing
2,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
and adding another resonator won't effect power?

·
Registered
40 Posts
For a cheap option to quite it down check out Car Chemistry collector inserts. You can get them from jegs for under 50 bucks. Your supposed to put the in your v8 header collectors, but i got one 2.5" to put in the exhaust. Try it and if its to quite cut one of the disks off or drill the holes bigger till the sound is perfect, then just tack it into the exhaust somewhere. Thats what had to do to quite it down a bit for the lil ones in the back seat before i went FI.

·
Focus "Sleeper"
1,619 Posts
My buddy wore out his exhaust. It was one of those e-bay exhausts. It had been getting louder for a couple days when we decided to look in through the back to try and see anything, and all the packing in the muffler had started to fall out. The mesh that kept the steel-wool stuff from falling out had rusted through. So we pulled it out and it got a LOT louder lol.

I guess point is, you get waht you pay for.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts