Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone.....I guess this is my first post. [:D]

I have a 06 ZX3 SE and I am looking for an decent exhaust for my car. I'm not looking to put a turbo/supercharger down the road at all, at the most maybe an intake.

For the exhaust, I want a system that doesn't sound cheap and toyish. I'd prefer a tone that is more deep and throaty (if thats possible).

Also, what intake would you reccomend with this exhaust?

Hopefully I explained myself clearly there. [:p]

·
Registered
440 Posts
intake i would say marcy motorsports, f2 focus or focus sport. personaly i have focus sport and love it. and i have a borla exhaust. supose to be the best on the market. rust free which is great. magnaflow is good too. but its all in how much oyu want to spend i geuss

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2nd_to_none said:
intake i would say marcy motorsports, f2 focus or focus sport. personaly i have focus sport and love it. and i have a borla exhaust. supose to be the best on the market. rust free which is great. magnaflow is good too. but its all in how much oyu want to spend i geuss

Whats the sound like with the Borla on your car?

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
go with the cosworth 2.5" exhuast. you will not regret it.. :drool:

go wiht the focussport intake, don't get the marcy because he has all but shut down shop, and the f2 hasn't been made in a while...

·
Registered
301 Posts
dose anyone know if exhaust systems are differnt at all between 2.0 and 2.3L duratec engines or between 03-04-05 ZX3s? just want to know for ordering.
Im trying to find a stainless 2.5 inch mandrel bent exhaust with borla muffler. anyone have a link to one they know will fit a 05 zx3 2.0?

·
Registered
398 Posts
What exhaust is the LEAST ricey sounding? I too am considering an exhaust, but I am SOO afraid to get some bumblee crap sound... I would rather have it stock than add an exhaust that notifies I paid extra money to sound like a ricer.

·
FF Cleaning Squad
11,959 Posts
Focus sport is a perfect note and it has that gargle sound when you let off the gas like the V8 stangs do.

The non stealth version is pretty quiet, and the stealth is actually way to quiet for me.

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
both cosworth exhuasts are very nice sounding, i have the street verstion (only 1 resonator and stock 2nd cat, the race version includes a 2nd resonator and removes the 2nd cat) and from 60-75mph i can barley hear it, even with the a/c dogging on the engine.

accelerating is very nice, and so is decelerating, the perfect amount of pop

·
Registered
108 Posts
its hard to go wrong with a flowmaster in my book. thats what i will be putting on with a trubendz pipe kit

·
Registered
440 Posts
i have borla and i love it!!! if you want sound FS, borla and magnaflo is a great choice. if you want power go FS or borla. i was told you lose low end with magnaflo. so its between one of those and i dont think you can go wrong either way. but thats my $.02

·
Registered
83 Posts
wickedgreyzx3 said:
sorry, but a flowmaster 4 cylinder is just wrong(unless it's a turbo t-bird or mustang)
yeah except that it sounds very good on my brothers focus.

i would throw MBRP exhaust in there too. its sounds great and it doesnt cost that much. i love it :)

·
Registered
56 Posts
i went with the magnaflow and LOVE IT, i just bought the muffler and went to the local exhaust shop and got them to custom bend 2.5", only 96 bucks plus the 60 bucks for the muffler............ exhaste note-PRICELESS

·
Registered
367 Posts
I'll tell people that I have a magnaflow, and they just look at me like they've just caught me screwing their sister or something. "Magnaflow's and Flowmaster's are for V8 engines" they tell me, because that's what they tell you on Spike TV, I guess...

My exhaust sounds just as good as the next foci's, unless they got a header or FI

·
Registered
108 Posts
i agree with smoke and whoever mentioned it on the page before, flowmaster and other mufflers sound good on four cylinders too, it is just a little different sound. personally i had a flowmaster 40 series on my 89 probe and it sounded awesome

·
puddins betch
0 Posts
i got a magnaflow cat back and a k&n CAI and a sct program it is a good combo.
i bought all of this knowing that is was all for performance but i wanted MPG ( a common side affect with old school performance mods) i like it all and am thinking about 17-18 weels and tires and that will be all i do that i plan
i have good performance and i can break the perrille's loose going into 3 ok i can go for the ditch and get a little wild
the program is a gold mine as it unlocks the power gains of everything you have done this far and i took all the limits off the car so i can run 120-130 MPH for as long as i want or untill i get caught
just something to think about

·
Registered
440 Posts
i was told by someone who builds focuses that magnaflo will lose you power cuz its restritive, best around is mbrp its the loudest thou, borla not as loud but cost a pretty penny but worth every penny cuz thats what i have, and last focus sport which is the quietest. i was tossed between FS and borla but borla had a sale and i had a shipped for $300 to my door cant beat that. i dont think you can go wrong with those three. its just how much do you want to pay and how loud.dont get me wrong magnaflo sounds great but if you plan on modding dont use it. my $.02

·
Registered
108 Posts
no exhaust kit should prohibit power in any way, the whole purpose of them being performance, with sound as an after thought. and all should be within one or two horsepower of each other, it just depends on what sound you like. the best way to think of it is this (in my opinion) think of how a flowmaster and a magnaflow make a v8 sound. now think of the same sound, just winding up a little faster, and at a bit of a higher pitch. same with the borla, and these are the only three i have heard on other cars, except for custom stuff

1 - 20 of 28 Posts