Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to make my 06 zx3 dual exhaust. how hard would it be to do in my driveway without a welder? I also want to remove the stock cat and put a high flow cat where the resonator is and run straight pipe to the two mufflers at the end.

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
my guess would probably be pretty hard. sinse there are no hangers on the passenger side. and the driver side has a sort of "tunnel" for the exhaust to go over the rear sub frame, even the center SVT style exhaust comes over the subframe on the driver side and then goes to the center, so i suppose you could do that, but just go over further, but a single 2.5inch exhaust will probably have the same affect as a dual, and plus you'll probably have to cut your bumper so it wont look weird. and personally, i dont see a point in dual exhaust unless the engine has a V in it.

·
Registered
122 Posts
It could be done, but it'll look like s**t, because the rear bumper has a cut out on the driver's side for the exhaust tip to stick out. I would recommend just going with the Focus Sport exhaust system with the optional Stealth muffler, it's a flex back system. It's good enough for a stock D20.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts