Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I purchased a 2003 EAP SVT recently. The vehicle is in overall good shape. I noticed that right over the rear axel, is where the exhaust ends. There isn't any annoying fart can/ricer exhaust tip or any exhaust tip for that matter. I pulled the vin, and apparently, that was an option from the factory? Does anyone else have this? Where can I get a decent exhaust tip, muffler, whatever you want to call it. It's just kind of odd to me that it's not there.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Muffler in front of the axle. Resonator behind axle. So that would be like a 'resonator delete' option...

... but I've never heard of that being an option from the factory. Interesting. I can't see Ford doing that, because someone could never finish the piping out and let the car sit there idling and build up fumes under the backend...not good.

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
Yeah, that sounds like someone did a "lunch box" delete. Most people finish it off with a flex pipe leading to wherever you want the pipe to come out.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I searched lunchbox delete...that's what I'll probably do. My buddy has a little 110 wire feed welder. l'll probably pull the exhaust and weld something on. Thanks for the info.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts