Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Read Only
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi there i have a 07 focus and i am about to do some exhaust work to it and was wondering what size muffler would be appropriate and how it would sound. i was think it should be anywhere from 12-15 inches long?

·
Read Only
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
for those of you who have already upgraded your exhaust if you could just let me know what too expect in sound from the size of your muffler i would greatly appriciate it

·
Registered
168 Posts
If I werew you, I wouldnt just add a muffler onto the stuck setup, even if replacing a stick unit. Getting a Focus Sport setup or the MBRP (which is what I have) will be better in the long run, since they have bigger pipes ans most are SS or coated steel.

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
check the NEW MEMBERS READ FIRST section at the top of the page for threads pertaining to your question.

Please search next time.

·
Gal. 2:20
1,999 Posts
you got hit by the SEARCH Nazis. sorry dude it happens to every one some time you'll get use to it and before you know it you'll be using the search button like the rest of us.

But, in answer to you question I agree with one of the statements above. Don't just get the muffler but, get the whole kitin-kubuddle <----(SP). Just do the whole exhaust not just the muffler.

·
Read Only
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oh i plan to do it all but that requires more money than i have right now so im doing it piece by piece so if yall could give me your sizes and your experience with how it sounds or even some sound clips that would be awsome =)

·
Registered
21 Posts
you got hit by the SEARCH Nazis. sorry dude it happens to every one some time you'll get use to it and before you know it you'll be using the search button like the rest of us.
I was gonna say, some people need to lay off... Geez just a simple question...[boxface] boo fu[mecry] whooo

·
Registered
233 Posts
I dont think your going to get many responses on what just a muffler will sound like because most just save up to do it up right... I'd imagine it would be pretty raspy the bigger the barrel. recommend just put the money away for the real deal and wait for the rest to come in.

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
it will bumblebee, end of story.

small tubing plus larger diameter muffler = bzzzzzzzz

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
I was gonna say, some people need to lay off... Geez just a simple question...[boxface] boo fu[mecry] whooo
when you get to be on here for awhile, and you see the same intake and exhaust threads, it gets tiring, so tiring, i created the ultimate, intake, exhust and focus duratec information threads... located in the stickie section.

·
Registered
596 Posts
chris, but your sig offers instant gratification now...

be smart, save your money, buy a good catback, go with magnaflow, mbrp, etc..all of them are good systems...I have a trubendz 2.5" w/magnaflow muffler and it sounds really good...smooth, deep,.... yeah my exhaust sound like that singer dude....ummmm oh yeah Barry White.

also I saved and got the F2 header as well...it was a little while before it was completed, but worth the wait...you don't want buzzing coming from your tale pipe...

·
Read Only
36 Posts
when you get to be on here for awhile, and you see the same intake and exhaust threads, it gets tiring, so tiring, i created the ultimate, intake, exhust and focus duratec information threads... located in the stickie section.
thank you tommy and everyone else for your input i think i might as well do it right and save the money. i saw the mbrp catback and it looks nice i imagine that paired with the fs header should sound nice thanks bro. anywho another question for ya guys; do i need to have my car re-tuned after swaping the exhaust and if i switch to cai?

·
1,999 Posts
No NEED for tune for just your exhaust and CAI, although if you get an f2 header like you had stated above then I would recomen you get the 3 bunged one. If you go with any other header like OBX (the one I have), FS (Focus Sport), Cossie....ect. then yes, I would say you'd want to get a tune, just for the simple fact is your more than likely to get a CEL and to take care of that you need to turn of you o2 sensor(s).

·
Read Only
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
dont insult my thread plz honhon and i will try not to insult you not that i thought it was an insult but show me that curtisy

·
2,272 Posts
Don't worry about it some people have a problem where they think every question can be answered or satisfied by one ultimate-super-duper-mega-monster-alpha thread.
To answer your question I don't think we could guarantee any muffler or size that would sound good on its own. It would be easier and maybe even cheaper to save up a bit first and just do it all at once. You could go for a cheaper exhaust kit like Trubendz or MBRP and just do the whole thing. I have the Trubendz kit with 2.5" piping and high flow cat and I think it sounds great.

Welcome to the community by the way. Some of us here would like to help you out.

·
1,999 Posts
Ya, I second that..^^^^save a bit and buy the whole exhaust, that was my first mod to my car was the FS (focus sport) 2.25 exhaust system. I love it still to this day and have had my car for two years now. I think you'd be utterly disappointed if you were to just get a muffler. But, ultimately it's your money, your car, and your decisions.

And welcome to FF BTW

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
dont insult my thread plz honhon and i will try not to insult you not that i thought it was an insult but show me that curtisy
honhon is a moderator, and he doesnt mean it as an insult. hes just saying ur exact questions have been asked and answered a hundred times already.

since u cant get the borla, id say get the mbrp 2.5

1 - 20 of 56 Posts