Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright, i could use all the input and opinions from you modding experts that have gone through a couple of exhausts......im currently running an obx 4-2-1 long tube header and am in the process of saving up for a new exhaust. The long tube header obviously makes my car sound really loud and buzzy which was fine at first but with my new exhaust i will be looking for something a lot more quite with a low deep tone and sound. According to tru bendz the magnaflow is the quitest exhaust with the borla being the 2nd... is that true? i've always heard Borla would be the best but i definately want to go with the best performing low tone exhaust i can find. I'd like to hear what you all really think, and any opinions from anyone who's had these exhausts and which sounds/performs the best. ANy input would be greately apreciated, thanks! On a side note... which would be the best flex to go with those?

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
I haven't had experience with any exhaust other than mine, but I love it. I've got the Borla (not SVT, so no extra resonator), and it has a deep tone and is not too loud at all (I only have the cat back right now, but the SVT header is shipping right now).

I've heard that the Borla can get a little loud with a long tube header and no cat/high flow cat, but I don't think it will be too bad. I'll let you know once I have the header on my car.

·
Illegal Alien
4,586 Posts
The Borla (i think) is over all the best, they also have resonators to quiet down the sound, if needed. There's always a stelth exhaust, too.
Go with the FocusSport flex, Tony at www.NewEdgePerformance.com has them at a very great price!

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
i say got with Random Tech. Mine is non resonated, but i wanted the louder tone. Resonated is pretty low.

·
Registered
170 Posts
4-1 large tube header,2.5 flex,no cat,Magnaflow.Loud and proud.Harley riders cover their ears in pain. Politically and socially incorrect?Tough shift.This ain't your mommys Focus...

·
Registered
571 Posts
i have borla and love it. low rpm it almost sounds mustangish. high rpm it gets loud when u wanna attract people. get that one and u'll be happy

·
Registered
25,627 Posts
If you are looking for a little more quiet. Go with the SVT Borla. It comes with a resonater built right in. Its a nice piece, its what I'm running. You can't beat the quality.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks guys, all your input is greatly apreciated.... looks like Borla (svt resonated for me) has the most votes. Now how is the quality of trubendz exhausts systems? are they really that good of a deal or would i be better off just shelling out the cash for the actuall Borla name brand catback? I'd think the trubendz would sound exactly the same being as how it's the borla muffler, just not the fancy pipping, same size though. Any opinions on that?

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
I don't really know too much about the Trubenz system. Is it still stainless piping or no? If it is stainless, the only difference I can think of would be maybe a slight difference in quality of stainless. If it's not stainless piping, then the difference is obvious.

·
Registered
101 Posts
viney266 said:
If you are looking for a little more quiet. Go with the SVT Borla. It comes with a resonater built right in. Its a nice piece, its what I'm running. You can't beat the quality.

The SVT borla exhaust doesn't bolt up exactly to our exhaust mani. I just called Newedge Performance and Tony said it off by 6 inches. I recommend the SVT header kit to go with the SVT Borla. The SVT header is one of the best bang for you buck headers out there to begin with. Good luck on what ever you do purchase. [thumb]

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
The SVT Borla should bolt up, the only difference between the SVT and non SVT is that the SVT has an extra resonator to make it quieter (beacuse of the header that is on the SVT).

·
Boost?
2,378 Posts
yeah if i ever do it again im going svt borla center exit with an svt rear bumper but thatll get expensive for a changing a catback

·
Registered
101 Posts
Pkmgarf said:
The SVT Borla should bolt up, the only difference between the SVT and non SVT is that the SVT has an extra resonator to make it quieter (beacuse of the header that is on the SVT).
The actual length of the Borla exhaust for the SVT and the regular focus are different according to Newedge.

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
i've got a borla from turbendz with a FC race header. honestly it was too loud for me for everyday driving. i ended up putting a Magnaflow resonator in and now it sounds great, it's got the perfect blend of tone to it.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
i went with the turbendz borla, and a orp. it was so loud i couldn't even talk at normal level in the car. i ended up putting a vibrant quiet performance resonator on it.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
I have a FC race header, bosal flex and borla catback witha resonator welded in. It's still kinda loud and the resonator changes the tone a bit, but it's nothing that'll get you in trouble if you shift at 2300 rpms lol.

·
Registered
813 Posts
I have the SVT Header and SVT Borla and the thing I love most about it is that it's only loud when I want it to be. Otherwise you almost wouldn't know it's there. You can always hear a slight rumble from inside the car but from outside it's real quiet. I've followed my wife driving my car while I was in her minivan and noticed once the car is up to speed you can't hear the exhaust at all.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i know trubendz also gives the option to add a resonator onto whatever system you decide to get.... i wonder what type of resonator they give you and how much it lowers the noise level?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts