Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have long tube header on an 02 zetec and i was looking at getting the exhaust system from trubendz with the add on magnaflow cat to make it legal. so my question is do the magnaflow cats really work? My friend has an eclipse with that type of cat and he says it does nothing and still sets off the CEL, which is strange for me because i am not running a cat now and the focus doesnt set off the CEL. I am not using one of those o2 sensor deletes or tricks.

·
BACON?
3,170 Posts
I see that you have adjustable cam gears. So that means you have a tune. It is possible that the rear o2 sensor has already been turned off in your car. The high flow cat could throw a code if the sensor is activated.

who did your tune?

·
BACON?
3,170 Posts
^^^ nobody... you will need to have it custom made.

Now this is just my opinion, dual exhaust on a single bank engine is pointless. Unless you get a header that is a 4-2, then run full dual pipes, its a fake dual exhaust. When i had the exhaust done on my diesel i was informed that a single 3 will out flow 2 2.5. so really no gains anywhere. just my .02, now go do what ever you want.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts