Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just recently installed a bolt on cat back on my 03 zx3 and now i am having some issues with it bogging down and throwing on my check engine light. anyone have suggestions on how to remedy this?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its showing that a cylinder 1 is misfiring but after checking all of the connections there doesnt seen to be a problem

·
( o Y o )
5,549 Posts
checking connections won't do it. Youll want to pull the plug and make sure its spraking (ground the plug with a screw driver to the block or other metal with a screw driver on the threads and have someone crank at WOT to stop fuel entering the engine). Also check. It may be the spark plug wire as well. Whens the last time you changed them?

Could also be coil went. Or the wiring harness sending power to the coil pack.

·
GO Green
11,148 Posts
Yea I dont think this has anything to do with your exhaust being just put on.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I agree with darkknight. replace your plugs wires and coilpacks. my brother had a misfire in cyl 3 on his protege 2.0L and he changed plugs wires and coilpacks. the code hasnt came up since.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well a couple of months ago i installed iridium spark plugs with my 8.5 mm focus central wires. along with that have a msg coil pack installed too

·
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!
6,125 Posts
ummm yeah did you use any dielectric grease on the MSD coil pack and wires? i fried mine like that because i didnt use any... pull the plug wires off the coil pack and check for corrosion. also pull the spark plugs and re-gap them to 55.

·
Registered
178 Posts
if the code is still showing then get the head gasket looked at. my brother had the code shut off and then it threw the next day. ended up with a blown head gasket.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts