Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, i just bought a 2002 SVT... i like a lot so far except for the fact that it cant hold an idle on cold mornings. Im gonna get the YRFO flash on monday. I did have a question though. If im just sitting in neutral and i snap the throttle i can hear the exhaust popping.... I know my friends camaros and mustang do that and its normal.. but ive owned quite a few compacts and never had one that did it totally stock.. is this normal?

·
Registered
20 Posts
ExHondaMan said:
but ive owned quite a few compacts and never had one that did it totally stock.. is this normal?
well when you think about it, how "stock" is an svtf compared to a zx3.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
it may be the back pressure. i dont really know why it would be doing that with stock svt exhaust but usually when im downshifting and im letting the transmission slow me down im not touching the gas so when there is not enough combusted air coming out the back then you get this popping sound. it also sort of sounds like glug glug. it is normal though. if that is even what it is.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
ExHondaMan said:
Hi everyone, i just bought a 2002 SVT... i like a lot so far except for the fact that it cant hold an idle on cold mornings. Im gonna get the YRFO flash on monday. I did have a question though. If im just sitting in neutral and i snap the throttle i can hear the exhaust popping.... I know my friends camaros and mustang do that and its normal.. but ive owned quite a few compacts and never had one that did it totally stock.. is this normal?
The SVTF is a high compression motor, you can expect some exhaust back pressure. This is normal.

·
Registered
814 Posts
yes...it sounds cool too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts