Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i called a local performance shop and there going to sell me a catback exhaust mandel bend with a ss muffler but the piping is aluminized people have told me the aluminzed piping isnt bad as long as ur muffler doesnt get rusted and there charging me 320 for a 2.5 inch piping with muffler mandel bend all installed any thoughts ?
Thanks guys

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
i guess that is a good deal... most kits will run you at least that much... so you are getting labor too. aluminized is going to rust real quick.. at least where i live... i dunno about down in miami though.. you'll most likely be just fine. I'd say go for it. Soundslike a good deal to me. I payed right around that for my mbrp 2.25 inch but did it myself.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i have heard of many install problems lately with tb from this site lol plus i get it for 320 then i still have to pay for install
im getting everything 320 installed a lifetime warranty i heard aluminized rusts with the snow and salt lol i live in miami it just rains lol it well rust but that really doesnt do neting as long as the muffler is SS

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
also i have no turbo or nething ima get a intake later on is 2.5 inch to big thats what the shop recomended for a car without turbo

·
Gal. 2:20
1,999 Posts
don't do it. it will rust verry quick, especialy living by the ocean w/ all the sea salt not good for aluminizied.. plus to install your exhaust is eays. I did my fs exhaust my self took about 1.5 hr. but I knew nothing about exhaust. If your gonna do it do it rite the first time. My grandpa use to say "you know whats worse than stacking hay? Restacking hay." If you do it half ass to save some money more than likely it will have to be redone anyways later. I say spend the coin on a good exhaust and get a buddy to hlp you w/ the install. IMO.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I wont rust unless you live within a few miles of the ocean, but im not sure how the hurricanes will affect the aluminized tubing. In CA we dont have to worry about those. SS is better, but it cost a bit more. If your going to have the shop do it make sure it is reputable and will be around for a while, especially with the economy. The could be some guys on here that live near you that can help with then install of another exhuast.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah the shop told me they alot of pople in miami have alum steel bcuz no need for ss its better but wont rust here in miami i live in the urban area not on the ocean lol and he said the main problems are for the cars with the snow and salt mix what happens if it does rust

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i just got another good deal went to another shop 250 for 2.25 inch piping aluminzed steel with a stainless steel muffler and a resonator all installed for 250 ???

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
that's a good price, but you could get a better system and install it yourself for that same price. All you need is some jack stands, a socket set, penetrating oil, chanel locks, and a sawz-all with metal blades. It will take you about 1.5-2 hours, and you will learn more about your ride, and have the pride in installing it yourself.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
and its a str8 back which i heard u get more power and torque btw anyone knoe the gains on exhuasts or the range

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
2.5 is best for our cars, if your not gonna go turbo (which i doubt you are). SS is better overall, as far as it not rotting. just depends on what you want. TB said that their aluminized would last about 3 to 5 years when i called them, and the SS would go at least 10 years.

Reactions: Riverratrider

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
i had an alluminized steel exhaust and after a year it was bad LOL... but where i live its bad

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I would say your looking at maybe 15hp with intake and exhuast. If your really worried about installing it yourself then just go to a shop and have it done. You can also see that the labor would be to install a kit you bought. But its really easy to install the exhuast yourself, you might just want to look into that.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
what happens if it rots lol ? i have to get a new one

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
2.5 but i dont have any intake ?

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
i live in florida and have driven in the rains in tampa and in fort myers, and bonita springs, right basically where all the hurricanes hit.

btw, i have a cosworth CAI and havent had one issue to date.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts