Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i wanna get a custom exhaust made from Trubendz but am not sure which size piping to get.
My current mods are a Tsudo exhaust and Steeda intake, for now. my exhuast now is 2.5 inches and i dont want to downsize because more performance parts are soon to come. Forced Induction isnt in the near future but hopefully within 2-3 years i will have some boost. is 3 inches to much for now and should i stay with 2.5 inches until i have FI.
Thanks guys

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
why not find a healthy medium..like maybe 2.75? i dont know how that will effect your power, but it increases, and 3 inches is too big for right now, and it might be for forced induction. BTW, someone needs to develop a forced induction exhaust system.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i dont think trubendz makes a 2.75 inch exhaust. if they did id get it. Anyone know if a quality company makes 2.75 inch exhuast kits?

·
Registered
182 Posts
I don't think anyone 2.75". I believe it goes 2.25"2.50"and 3.00". You might be able to get a 2.75" made custom with someone elses' muffler.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
you dont go down, only up.

·
Registered
226 Posts
stick with the 2.5 in piping but get one cheap. and then when you go turbo, kick it up to 3in. now if you going supercharger...STAY WITH 2.5!!!! you still need back pressure with SC but not with turbo...duh

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for the advice man.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I'd stick with what you have now. It will be hard to find a piping of 2.75" diameter and muffler as well because of its uncommonm size.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thats what im probably gunna do. I like the way it sounds and even though it burned my back bumper i really dont care to much. It gives me a little ricer look so i can unknowingly beat people in races thinking its just another slow Focus. but little do they know

1 - 10 of 10 Posts