Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 focus se hatch manual. I'm looking to get some more exhaust noise. The only problem is it is a lease and I don't want to go to crazy. Is there any kinds of cheap axel backs or something I can get made that I can take off when I have to return it after the lease? Thanks!

·
Something goes here
8,290 Posts
Two options, first buy the Ford racing axle back kit. Or option two, go to a local exhaust shop and have them remove the rear muffler and replace it with a magnaflow or Borla unit and replace the tip. If it's a lease you plan on returning I'd go option one.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Two options, first buy the Ford racing axle back kit. Or option two, go to a local exhaust shop and have them remove the rear muffler and replace it with a magnaflow or Borla unit and replace the tip. If it's a lease you plan on returning I'd go option one.
I don't have a lease. What is the best exhaust in your opinion/experience? Borla, Ford Racing, Magnaflow, Flow Master, RDC, etc?

·
Something goes here
8,290 Posts
Well when I had my mk3, I had a custom 2.5 inch magnaflow setup. If I had to do it again I would go with the Fswerks stealth. But any exhaust that's at least 2.5 inch that has a free flowing muffler will work.

·
Registered
464 Posts
I had lunchbox delet thought that sounded pretty good. But then I made a custom Magnaflow 3" side exit. Personally I like it better. Nice deep tone. May be to loud for some. Best part all for around $200 with stainless steel from Summit Racing

·
Registered
9,262 Posts
For me, I felt the lunchbox delete (for those who don't know what that is, it's removing the rear muffler) was too droney, and I am going with an ST axle back :)

·
Registered
376 Posts
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4At3SwOcb_U
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmG8_l7-WRc

Mine is a little modified, but I do like the J2 Engineering exhaust the most. Especially for the modest price!

Although OP might not want to go full catback, being a lease and all.. Ford Racing axleback would likely be the best option as it is covered under the factory warranty if installed by Ford. You might not even have to go through the trouble of removing it when the lease is up.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I made a custom Magnaflow 3" side exit. Personally I like it better. Nice deep tone. May be to loud for some. Best part all for around $200 with stainless steel from Summit Racing
Was the side exit on your Mustang or Focus? I love the idea of side exit exhaust on a Focus and would love to see you. You have any pics or vids?

·
Registered
464 Posts
Was the side exit on your Mustang or Focus? I love the idea of side exit exhaust on a Focus and would love to see you. You have any pics or vids?
I always had dual side exhaust on the Racestang since I've owned it. The Focus has single side outlet. I have pictures but no video. I thought that I posted them on this site, I'll se if I can find them . Though the ones I posted show the tubing as round, I've since made it oval as rode bumps kept hitting the tubing. Im on sportline springs so that doesnt help either.

·
Something goes here
8,290 Posts
For me, I felt the lunchbox delete (for those who don't know what that is, it's removing the rear muffler) was too droney, and I am going with an ST axle back :)
I'm glad my coining the rear muffler as a lunch box has stuck around since I did it back in 2011. Lol

·
Registered
9,262 Posts
I'm glad my coining the rear muffler as a lunch box has stuck around since I did it back in 2011. Lol
Yeah Red. You are straight up OG! I remember when I got my Focus at the beginning of '13 and reading about the sonic crew back when it was only a few pages old [ohcrap]

·
Something goes here
8,290 Posts
Yep, I'm one of the few that have been here for ten years. I remember being excited when the Svt focus was new.

But what you are talking about there where only a few of us really modding the mk3 which is what started the sonic crew.

·
Registered
9,262 Posts
Yep, I'm one of the few that have been here for ten years. I remember being excited when the Svt focus was new.

But what you are talking about there where only a few of us really modding the mk3 which is what started the sonic crew.
I remember that. I wanted to become one of you so bad. You guys are the reason I'm a petrol head now [clap]

1 - 15 of 15 Posts