Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I installed FSWERK's Stealth Exhaust on my 2014 Sedan, but I don't have a tune. I was wondering how much power gains should I expect if I get a proper tune? Thanks

·
Registered
133 Posts
You probably won't see much gain since 1) you still have the stock exhaust manifold so it still bottlenecks at the smallest point and 2)without a tune, your engine will ignore it's extra potential and continue to try to drive as if it was stock

·
Registered
505 Posts
Maybe 1-2hp and noise. Header is restrictive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
w/ my magic bag
29,398 Posts
Maybe 1-2hp and noise. Header is restrictive.

Sent from my iPhone using FF Mobile
Meaning the exhaust manifold....Add a tune & you'll find the engine more linear, smoother, responsive....

·
Old Phart
44,596 Posts
Best power gain you can get with that combination.

ASSUME you already did a replacement air filter and snorkel delete?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah I've deleted my snorkel and got a K&NFilter (openBox) plus the MST intake hose.

Also, s the open box mod bad?

·
Old Phart
44,596 Posts
Yes, IMHO, since at low speeds you'd get warmer engine compartment air ingested.

ONLY useful for added noise - reduction for power.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
okay thanks, I've been planning on doing something about that like getting the AIRAID or the ROUSH or the RS cover but I can't find anyone who sells it with out the filter.

·
Registered
505 Posts
okay thanks, I've been planning on doing something about that like getting the AIRAID or the ROUSH or the RS cover but I can't find anyone who sells it with out the filter.
highly recommend the airaid intake paired with a ford racing snorkel or velossatech snorkel. been running one on my car for 3 years now and intake temps are normally about 5 degrees above ambient temp. that box extension shield that the airaid comes with does a great job keeping the engine bay heat out.

if you go with airaid only suggestion is to swap out the gasket seal they have at the top of the extension. the one it comes with is like a blade style gasket and will cut into the fire blanket on the hood. i swapped mine out for a bulb style one and it works better. looks like this.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Is there anywhere I can get it without the filter?

Nah it comes together as a kit. But it’s never a bad idea to have a backup air filter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 15 of 15 Posts