Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i was working on the car this weekend and realized that my heat shield was falling apart and rusted to [:)][:)][:)][:)][:)] with only one bolt still holding it in place. so i tore it off.

stupid question but-- will it hurt anything to drive without it for a while? i'm gonna scan the classifieds for another one just want to make sure it's not gonna blow up in the meantime.

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
u will be just fine!

·
Registered
917 Posts
Are you talking about the one on the exhaust manifold. The only risk is eventually damaging the paint on the hood. With the arctic blast that is heading your way, you'll be fine at least until the spring thaw.

·
Registered
384 Posts
The only thing you will see is some slight higher under hood temps, nothing big really.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Are you talking about the one on the exhaust manifold. The only risk is eventually damaging the paint on the hood. With the arctic blast that is heading your way, you'll be fine at least until the spring thaw.
thanks. the hood is already a little messed up and in need of replacement or at least repainting in the spring.

i dont think i'll leave it like that too long, just until i get a new part... just want to make sure it wont blow up or melt anything in the meantime.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts