Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
sorry to hear about the leak in your exhaust. as for it causing you to loose power im not sure but someone will be able to help you out with your question

·
It's been fun.......
3,042 Posts
Not sure the effect of an exhaust leak on power probably all depends on where the leak is.
[???:)]

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
Well, whenever I got my high-flow cat installed the first time, I had an exhaust leak and I don't recall any loss of power but I know that I used a lot of gas for some odd reason.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the leak is before the muffler. i still i have my exhaust tone but it just doesn't sound as crisp. i have also notice a loss in gas mileage as well. [???:)] i'm gonna try and get it welded this weekend.

·
Broken cars s[:)][:)][:)] :(
18,832 Posts
loss in gas mileage??? hmmmmmm itneresting

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
an exhaust leak won't affect your power or milage unless it is such a big leak that it is not connected :) a small leak the engine will never know... just irritating to the ears

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
leaks can cause problems, check around the bolted flanges before you worry about welding

·
Registered
793 Posts
Make sure all your gaskets are intact and installed properly, if not replace them with high quality ones. My HKS cat-back came with all new gaskets

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
YO! Hello all leaks can cause problems in the exhaust area..If it is to cloose(spell check) to the engine the motor cannot scavange enough of good back pressure.So gas mileage will decrease. Back pressure is a good thing for performance--In small doses.Here is another good reason to ask why do we not have keyed cams on the timing gears..Just fix the leak get new gaskets and what ever it takes..!Its easy to fix with a little elbow grease.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts