Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone, i was doing a oil change in this dam snow and i notice a exhaust leak...

will i see/experience lost of back pressure or even power?

-Bunna

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
hey bunna, can you tell where its coming from?

i wouldnt think that you would lose any power, if you lost any back pressure it prob. wouldnt be much unless you have a huge leak.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Backpressure is bad anyway, its velocity you want to be worried about and if you didnt hear it from inside the car then chances are its not big enuf to make a difference either way.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
when i had a whole in my exhaust, I just screwed a big, short bolt in it's place. i'm sure it's just a temporary fix, but it worked for me...8,265 miles and counting lol

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Backpressure is bad anyway, its velocity you want to be worried about and if you didnt hear it from inside the car then chances are its not big enuf to make a difference either way.
to an extent backpressure can be good for a NA engine, if its FI tho the less back pressure the better.

·
anti svt
2,731 Posts
i have a small leak in mine were the flex meets the mbrp. it just sounds like a leak but i havent noticed anything adverse but once again its been lke that for a year now lol

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well the leak is from where the home made cat meets the flex... i guess i dind't watch it to closely when i was making it. the leak is shooting from the bottom part of that connection...... (i was wondering why is my engine is smoking, thought it might be from the wrapp on the flex.... becuase it was still holding up its color of the silcon spray compared ot hte header; black now)

can i use anything that will make this a niceR seal until the warm come back so i can work on it again? will the high temp silicon work? if anything eles please give me some suggestion please.....

the noise from the leak isn't even heard... the only way i found it, was from me checking for any oil leak after changing it out in this darn snow.....( i sure do pick some good time to work on my car; freaken cold/snowing days.

p.s. its leaks like this .... / / | | \ \

-Bunna

1 - 7 of 7 Posts