Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i couldn't get the heat shield off to actually look at it but i hear, smell, and feel an exhaust leak.. which makes alot of sense..

but anyways other than the main header gasket what else would be back there...? any pics would be great..

·
FF Cleaning Squad
11,959 Posts
The EGR tube is a large problem for the SPI check on the right side of the header there is a tube bolted on the side the tube is only pressed on and often breaks loose.

No need to remove cover it should be in plain sight.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah that's what i'm pretty sure it is. so it's a stick on basically.. so would that require a whole new tube?

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
found it.. cracked egr tube... got soem jb weld for a temp fix till i go get me a egr tube...

·
Flat Black King
8,203 Posts
yea mine did the same thing and it was the 90 degree elbow on the end that had a hole in it. oreileys has one just like it for like 10 bucks or go to the dealership for like 2 dollars

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it's all one tube.. not just an elbow... or did you mean the whole tube

·
Registered
326 Posts
Tune.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
tune?

and i have to keep the egr.. i live on a military base they were strict about emissions we test the cars every year

·
Registered
326 Posts
a tune will delete the egr system.. and then u uninstall it lol

·
Registered
326 Posts
and his egr prob has two pieces rather than one "ours". Mine cracked right at the mounting plate and where the tube meets the inlet. I too took some JB weld and put it around the pipe. I cant find our egr tube less than 65 bucks o_O!.. and the Haynes manual said somethign about having to pull the motor to replace it?!?!

·
Focus Fanatic
7,252 Posts
If you have strict emissions checks, I would NOT recommend deleting the EGR system.
Its fine to do an EGR delete if you don't have strict emissions, as I've done it on mine
the correct way with a tune, and they don't give a crap around here.

·
Registered
326 Posts
what about a EGR delete? does it have any gains? or loses?
I can guarantee you that you'll have emission problems in Cali. I wouldnt delete the EGR.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts