Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I have another question. I've searched the forums and really haven't found a definitive answer yet to my question so I will post it here.

I am installing a FSWERKS Race Exhaust to my 2005 Ford focus. 10 Indiana years not helping. I am at the point where I need to Remove the two bolts fastening the Flex Pipe to the Secondary Cat. I have tried dam near everything in my power to get the little buggers off. Hasn't worked. So I just wanted to ask are they actually bolts or just studs with a threaded end and the seized on Nut attached? I ask this before I take my Sawzall to it and mess up my weekend.

Also If they are studs can I Sawzall the Nuts off the end and then use a hammer and punch to knock the stud back through?

Thanks

Jason

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
I know on a 09 it's a stud, and I believe it's pretty much the same for you. Also you will not be able to knock it out. We tried for hours before finally saying to hell with it and cutting then drilling the hole out, which isn't a fun job.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,472 Posts
I know on a 09 it's a stud, and I believe it's pretty much the same for you. Also you will not be able to knock it out. We tried for hours before finally saying to hell with it and cutting then drilling the hole out, which isn't a fun job.
Pretty much^^^^^^^that way.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the help. So I cut off the passenger side and like you guys said couldn't get it out. I made one last attempt on the driver side and miraculously broke it loose and was able to hammer it out. Had to repair the heat shielding now onto installing. Hoping it goes smoother than removal did.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,472 Posts
Let us know,,,,

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry about the late reply. I got it all hooked up and torqued per specs. It sounds just loud enough at the perfect times and sounds clean. It was really easy to install. It doesn't wake the kid up. Thanks for all the help and advise. Its really helpful to have a forum full of people willing to give advise and have done the same mods.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,472 Posts
Great that you got your exhaust install & it works great for you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts